IKA souda road

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I guess it depends on what basis your book is being renewed? As a UK State Pensioner, my book is now issued on the basis of an S1 Form, which used to be E121. All I ever do is hand the book over the counter, wait about 30 seconds while she looks it up on the computer, prints out a new slip and staples it into the book.

When I was working here I usually got a new slip sent automatically to my employer so in theory I didn't have to do anything. In practise he often lost it so then I would do the same procedure as above.

I think the passport, as mentioned by Filippos, is a KEP requirement. Whenever I have asked KEP to do anything for me they always seem to need my passport. I think it is to do with them having proof of for whom they are doing it.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 am

Kilkis wrote:I guess it depends on what basis your book is being renewed? As a UK State Pensioner, my book is now issued on the basis of an S1 Form, which used to be E121. All I ever do is hand the book over the counter, wait about 30 seconds while she looks it up on the computer, prints out a new slip and staples it into the book.

When I was working here I usually got a new slip sent automatically to my employer so in theory I didn't have to do anything. In practise he often lost it so then I would do the same procedure as above.

I think the passport, as mentioned by Filippos, is a KEP requirement.
Correct. Like you I've only ever shown the book at the IKA office.

SatCure

Re: IKA souda road

Postby SatCure » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 pm

I got my IKA book today at 11 am. It took only an hour, despite a stroppy woman claiming that I should have gone downstairs first when I knew damn well that she was supposed to issue the number to me before I joined the queue downstairs. I got the other clerks to gang up on her and she acquiesced. Maybe it was just my crap Greek and I didn't explain well enough. The rest of the ladies were quite helpful, although one insisted that I should have left the back of the S1 form blank (my wife had written her details there.)

They confirmed that I must renew the book before next March. Only the book itself is required.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:56 am

This is rather an ancient thread that Martin has resurrected so some of the information in it may no longer be valid. For example, when you renew your book they no longer print out a slip so there is now no evidence in the book that you are up-to-date. All medical personnel can access your record on-line, when the system is working, and check if your insurance is still valid. There may be other errors; I haven't checked the whole thread.

Warwick

PS When the lady who issued the books for a new S1 form was in the office on the ground floor next to the counters it used to take five minutes, Martin. Isn't progress wonderful.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:12 am

Kilkis wrote:PS When the lady who issued the books ........

Ah, the wonderful Vicki. She also did the renewals for some time, too.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:05 pm

A new S1 on order with my wife's details on it. Apparently, I should have requested it months ago. Regrettably, I lack the clairvoyance faculty.

Dinksy

Postby Dinksy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:18 am

Hi to you all.

Just received from the UK, form S! and I would like some info from those who have been down this route recently.

Over the years Er indoors has always avoided going to IKA and has used Kalyves KEP to renew her book.

Do you know if the KEP office will set up the new book or do I have go to Souda Road? If I do what do they need and where do I go as from memory it was always difficult to understand a system if there is one? Your knowledge would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:54 am

I think the easy way to find out if KEP can do it for you is to go to the KEP office and ask. Be careful which office you choose. I have found that the stock answer from the KEP office in Gerani is, "We can't do that" whatever the question is. Friends have had the same experience there. In every case another KEP office has done it without a problem. The KEP office near the IKA building is pretty good. If you ask there and they say no you are only a couple of minutes away from the IKA building. Travelling from Souda towards Chania go past the IKA building to the traffic lights where two roads go off to the left. Take the second road and it is up there on the right. There is a wide road that goes off to the left to join up with the first road from the lights. If you get to that you have gone past the KEP office.

It's many years since I did it so I don't know exactly where to go within the Souda building now. It used to be the office at the far end of the counters where you renew it. Based on Martin's post above it sounds like it has changed.

When I did it, all I needed was my passport and photocopies of my passport. They will not photocopy it for you. There used to be a shop opposite the IKA building that made photocopies but I am not sure if it is still there. They will also need your address, ΑΦΜ and mobile phone number so it might make things easier if you print them on a sheet of paper.

With reference to Martin's post you must NOT write anything on the S1 form. If you needed a dependent added you must get a form with the dependent included from the UK. I can't remember if you need to sign the form but, if you do, don't sign it at home. Wait and sign it in front of the person issuing the book. That is a general rule in Greece for signing documents. They always want to witness you signing it.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:16 am

We've always found the KEP office in Kalyves pretty good but don't know if they still deal with all things IKA: there was a period when they couldn't but they did resume service later. When that stopped we used the Souda KEP and, although Kalyves is more convenient, we've continued with Souda who are efficient, friendly and, when necessary, English speaking.

From Souda centre take the dual carriageway towards the airport. At the lights with IN.KA at the junction I park in their car park, walk about 100m to the first junction on the airport road, turn left and the KEP office is 80m on the far right corner of the first cross roads.

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:22 am

We have used the KEP office in Kalyves to renew ours for the last 2 years, takes a couple of weeks.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:48 pm

That's an improvement on the 6-8 weeks it took 4-5 years ago. I might just chance IKA directly as last time I went there to claim the subsidy on new glasses I was in and out in 25 minutes and that included a visit upstairs for authorisation of forms and down to the claim section.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Two years ago some friends and I used KEP and it certainly took a lot more than two weeks. It doesn't really matter as long as you don't leave it until the last minute since you are covered up to the end of February. KEP give you a document to show to anybody that would normally ask to see your book. Since everything is done on-line now I guess all anybody really needs is your AMKA number or possibly the IKA number.

Last year we did it at IKA. There was not a long queue and it looked like we were going to get out in about 20 minutes. Then it all ground to a halt as one person took 30 minutes so it was about 1 hour in the end. Once you reach the counter it takes seconds. Hand over book. About a dozen key strokes on a keyboard. Hand book back.

Warwick

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:22 am

When is the earliest we can get a book renewed?

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 am

SatCure wrote:When is the earliest we can get a book renewed?

In previous years, I have done it at the IKA office in December. Probably worth asking at the KEP office if you are passing by.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:16 am

I don't know exactly when is the earliest that you can renew it but I seem to remember somebody reporting on here that they went early in December and were told to come back at the end of February. I've tended to do it in the days between Christmas and New Year, when the queues seem to be short, or early in January and that has never been a problem.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”