Crete Courier 2

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ray

Crete Courier 2

Postby Ray » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:40 pm

There have now been two editions of the Crete Courier and I would like to know what people think of this new newspaper?

The next edition will be out on the fifteenth of this month and then it will be monthly at least until February. There have been some problems with the printers and distributors, but one way or another the editions have come out roughly when they should. All praise to Sue for that.

So say what do you think, what could be improved and what is good?

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Dunno. Where can I download a copy?

Pam in Crouch End

Postby Pam in Crouch End » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:17 pm

We haven't seen the 2nd edition yet, but thought the first was very good. We have subscribed and should get the next edition soon. The only suggestion we can make is more articles, please. However, I know how difficult that can be when first starting up.
Hopefully there'll be more people volunteering to produce copy - not me, I'm no writer and neither is Bob.
Pam & Bob

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:13 am

MartinP wrote:Dunno. Where can I download a copy?

It comes on mashed up trees covered in strange pigments. Don't think you can get that through your ADSL connection Martin.

Warwick

keith in crete

crete courier 2

Postby keith in crete » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:35 pm

HI MARTIN
IF YOU LOOK UNDER CHATTER YOU WILL FIND MORE INFO THERE, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION,HOWEVER YOU CAN PM THE EDITOR[SUEBOB] AND SHE WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFO I'M SURE.
HOPE THIS HELPS
:) BEV IN CRETE

Assimilate

Postby Assimilate » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:29 pm

keith in crete

CRETE COURIER 2

Postby keith in crete » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:54 pm

I can assure you I wasn't shouting [you would hear me if I was] I ALWAYS do emails in caps but I will try to remember in future not to do so on forum so as not to offend, apologies to all concerned :lol: :) :wink:
bev in crete

suebob

Postby suebob » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:03 pm

I would have answered this earlier, however, I have been without Internet and telephone connection for the last four days (as Paulh will testify).

It might not only have been courtesy, but professional, to have asked me first whether it was appropriate to be disrepectful to my service providers i.e. printers/distributors in such a 'public' manner, especially with the paper and the business being in its embryonic stages - whilst I appreciate all suggestions, I do believe it is at my instigation that a call for what is bad, good, ugly, required or to be scrapped should me made.

Whilst, as with most new business, and especially in a new Country, there have been teething problems, I have to say, that the Printers have tried to be more than helpful in assisting me, and the distributors have been wonderful, especially when considering the geographical areas they are covering !

I am trying to gain readership and increase subscriptions - not put doubts in people's minds before they have even had the opportunity to read and judge the paper for themselves. The paper is ONLY 2 ISSUES old.

For those who have yet to read the paper, I am willing to mail the first Issue (which was a FREE PROMOTIONAL ISSUE) to anyone wishing to read it.

I also repeat, THERE IS NO ONLINE FACILITY at the moment and will not be for approximately 2 months. However, the first issue (Free Promotional) can be emailed in PDF format (you would need to have Adobe Reader installed) however, it is a big file !

There is a subscription format - please PM for details as was indicated on the Original thread !

The Crete Courier is an informative newspaper for those currently living in Crete, THOSE WHO ARE HOPING TO MAKE THE MOVE OVER TO CRETE, and those who have holiday homes here ! It is NOT and was never intended, to be an investigative newspaper

If you want information, have suggestions - then please come direct to The Crete Courier. Via PM from this site please.
Many thanks

Assimilate

Re: CRETE COURIER 2

Postby Assimilate » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:31 pm

keith in crete wrote: I can assure you I wasn't shouting [you would hear me if I was] I ALWAYS do emails in caps but I will try to remember in future not to do so on forum so as not to offend, apologies to all concerned :lol: :) :wink:
bev in crete

Thank you for taking that the right way. I can be a little pedantic when it comes to caps/shouting, but its quite hard to read a sentence in caps as well as the net meaning of shouting.

Ray

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:06 pm

suebob wrote:It might not only have been courtesy, but professional, to have asked me first whether it was appropriate to be disrepectful to my service providers i.e. printers/distributors in such a 'public' manner, especially with the paper and the business being in its embryonic stages - whilst I appreciate all suggestions, I do believe it is at my instigation that a call for what is bad, good, ugly, required or to be scrapped should me made.

I think that the printers and distributors are wonderful.

What more can I say?

Ho hum

Ray

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:32 pm

suebob wrote:It might not only have been courtesy, but professional, to have asked me first whether it was appropriate to be disrepectful ..............etc.
Many thanks

Public feedback is the price you have to pay for "free advertising" on a forum. If you do not want public comments made then you have to pay for advertising.

All new businesses have start up costs, and remember that nothing comes for free. You always have to pay - though, as you have discovered, not always with cash.

John

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Retired in Crete wrote:
suebob wrote:It might not only have been courtesy, but professional, to have asked me first whether it was appropriate to be disrepectful ..............etc.
Many thanks

Public feedback is the price you have to pay

John, I think what Sue is saying is that it would have been 'nice' if Ray had discussed this with her first - she may well have been going to ask for feedback on the forum in due course.
Living in Crete!!

suebob

Postby suebob » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:27 pm

Goodevening Everyone

These are my final comments on this particular thread.

1. In the beginning, some 8 weeks ago, I was offered the opportunity to inform the Forum of a new publication by the Forum's owner - Carolina.

2. Since, I have been actively encouraged to promote the paper through the Forum, as it is, although a completely different style, something which may be of interest to many who have a connection with Crete.

3. I, me, DID NOT (and yes, I am shouting) request feedback, ask for free advertising or otherwise ! I would have done, in my own time, through the paper and if necessary, through the forum after first having consulted with the Forum's owner ! i.e. In a professional manner.

4. I am well aware that ADVERTISING costs money, I have been in the business for over 25 years and I believe A FREE PROMOTIONAL issue says it all - the printers did not print for Free !

5. I have tried to be diplomatic, both to those who have assisted, those who are currently writing for the paper and those who I hope, in the future will have constructive comments and criticisms to make.

My thanks
Sue - The Crete Courier

Return to “General Discussion & News”