How to pay the 2014 Road tax - Graphic guide!

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Stavros

How to pay the 2014 Road tax - Graphic guide!

Postby Stavros » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 am

Please find below a link that will take you to a graphic guide on how to pay the 2014 Road Tax. You can either view the instructions online or download it. I hope it helps!

http://goo.gl/no99wX

Stavros

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 am

didn't find anything after clicking - just a header.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am

bobscott wrote:didn't find anything after clicking - just a header.

Try downloading the file from ''file''

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:16 am

If the link doesn't work try this link:

http://www.viewdocsonline.com/document/ba149x

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks, Stavros, your graphic guide is perfect!

Clio

Postby Clio » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Unfortunately "perfect" is not a word you could ever apply to the Greek System. I just went with a friend, for whom I'd printed out the form, to try to pay in bank and post office. In neither place were they able to take the money. "The system isn't working yet. The form has only been available since yesterday"....(!) As she said: "I am trying to give money to a bankrupt state, yet it can't get its act together to accept it!"

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Stavros wrote:
bobscott wrote:didn't find anything after clicking - just a header.

Try downloading the file from ''file''

Ah, yes! Thanks Stavro. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Clio wrote:...I just went with a friend, for whom I'd printed out the form, to try to pay in bank and post office. In neither place were they able to take the money...

I'm quite surprised at this. If you have already printed the form the bank does not need access to the GSIS system. They only need access in the situation where you are asking them to print the form. My bank couldn't access the system, until I told them what their problem was, but they could still take the money for the three forms I had printed out.

Warwick

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 am

BrianS wrote:Thanks, Stavros, your graphic guide is perfect!

Thank you BrianS! :) :)

Hameziman

Postby Hameziman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:07 pm

I bank with National Bank of Greece. I went into their website (English version) and found explicit instructions on how to pay my car tax - even had a sample form showing the numbers you need. Very very simple. I have always found NBG to be an excellent bank and both the people in the banks and the internet help line folk could show UK banks the way when it comes to customer facing service. I only get to stay in Crete a few months of the year and am away when car tax time comes around. My Greek accountant will always do it for me but, quite correctly, he charges!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:46 pm

As far as I know, most (all?) banks have the facility to pay the road tax on-line. I paid mine on-line last year with Alpha bank. Yes it is really straightforward. The only downside I could find with it is that you have no real proof of payment. In theory you don't need proof, because if a policeman stops you he has some method of checking if you have paid it, BUT theory and reality don't always marry up too well in Greece. This year I decided to pay in person at the bank so I have a stamped copy of the GSIS form which I can keep in the car.

Personally, having had an NBG account for a few years, it is the very last bank I would recommend to anybody. Nothing against the bank or its staff but the queues are beyond belief. At the central Chania branch you usually have to queue to get through the door to join the queue inside. Queueing for three hours is not that unusual. If you do need to use the NBG in the Chania area I would recommend the Souda branch. In my local Cooperative bank I have rarely had more than one person in front of me and at the Alpha bank usually only two or three.

Warwick

Hameziman

Postby Hameziman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Yes, I agree. Queues at NBG in Sitia are fairly long too but I try to bank on line for anything other than drawing cash then I use the cash point outside.

Roussa

Postby Roussa » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am

Hameziman wrote:Yes, I agree. Queues at NBG in Sitia are fairly long too but I try to bank on line for anything other than drawing cash then I use the cash point outside.

I just closed my account at that bank because when I wanted to change it to an internet / online account I wasn´t able to do so for 3 weeks - due to their system not working :roll: And years ago when I needed the SWIFT code to do money transfers from home I even got the wrong one printed in my book.

Return to “General Discussion & News”