quad bike

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
annabanana

quad bike

Postby annabanana » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi everybody,we are planning to buy a quad bike and I was wondering if it is the same law as buying a scooter or small bike.
As far we know there is no difference, but our accountant was not to sure any advise will be appreciated.
Thank you
Annabanana :wink:

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 pm

It rather depends on where you buy. Ask the shop.
If it's a private sale, ask at the police station.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 am

Hi what aspect of the law are you concerned about ? .... as far as I know you can use a Quad bike on a car driving licence,and you need insurance ,KTEO, and road tax ....oh and a helmet ...jeff... hope this helps

cretefc

Postby cretefc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 pm

just be aware that quad bikes are very dangerous on the open road and account for the majority of accidents over here, very unstable on the badly surfaced roads here

jet

Re: quad bike

Postby jet » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:03 pm

annabanana wrote:Hi everybody,we are planning to buy a quad bike and I was wondering if it is the same law as buying a scooter or small bike.
As far we know there is no difference, but our accountant was not to sure any advise will be appreciated.
Thank you

a quad bike is simply a show-off hole vehicle slow moving and bulky on the road, enjoy ;-)

altohb

Postby altohb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:53 pm

cretefc wrote:just be aware that quad bikes are very dangerous on the open road and account for the majority of accidents over here, very unstable on the badly surfaced roads here

It depends on what type of bike you buy - I'd agree with what you say if you are considering the small things such as those that the hire companies provide, but a heavier off road vehicle is reasonably safe in the right hands, both on the highway and over rough terrain, which is what they are designed for.

annabanana

quad bike

Postby annabanana » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi all and a big thank you for all advice,
We are coming to Crete 4 times a year and this year we notes that car hire is very expensive so we thought we can have a quad bike instead of bike which I'm not to kind
A big thank you
Annabanana

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:22 am

I don't know about the eastern side of the island, but over the west, hire car rates are pretty much the same as they were 4 years ago.
Opel Corsa / Peugeot 207 - €135 low season, €145 high season for a week.

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 am

I have just booked a Ford Focus first week of June for 156 Euros. Cheap Cheap
Regards
Cruc

STLFHA

Re: quad bike

Postby STLFHA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:25 pm

jet wrote:
annabanana wrote:Hi everybody,we are planning to buy a quad bike and I was wondering if it is the same law as buying a scooter or small bike.
Thank you

a quad bike is simply a show-off hole vehicle slow moving and bulky on the road, enjoy ;-)

I disagree with this statement. We have a quad bike and it is used for getting around between Plaka and Kalives , which is much cheaper than using the car. During the summer season it is much easier for parking.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

cretefc wrote:just be aware that quad bikes are very dangerous on the open road and account for the majority of accidents over here, very unstable on the badly surfaced roads here

The majorityof accidents? Really? News to me.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Anna, the quad bike idea sounds great, but how would you get from the airport to your village and back? Would the two taxi fares not cost more than the cost of hiring a car for the period?

Or would you use the bus? Be warned, I once stood for nearly two hours at the correct bus stop at the correct time to catch a bus from Heraklion airport to Sitia. Needless to say, it probably hasn't turned up yet!

Tim

Return to “General Discussion & News”