new land tax

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
annabanana

new land tax

Postby annabanana » Sat May 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi all,
We just finished paying our property tax gr.......and we been told that now we have to start paying a new land tax ,dose anybody know has this work
A big thank you
Annabanana

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 pm

It's similar to the property tax but the rate per sqm is much smaller, there is no age multiplier and there is no auxiliary space multiplier. I think the rate per sqm varies depending where the land is, as happens with property. For example an area that has a €3 per sqm rate for property might have a €0.1 per sqm rate for land. For land with property built on it the area of the property is deducted from the area of the plot.

Warwick

annabanana

land tax

Postby annabanana » Sat May 24, 2014 6:05 pm

thanks for that,
we payed so far with the eleckricty bill,do you know haw we will be paying fro june
thanks
anna :?:

footscapes

Postby footscapes » Sat May 24, 2014 6:59 pm

It's due to be billed in June from the tax office (not via electricity bills), and is payable in 6 instalments.

There are quite a few websites that allow you to calculate your tax - this one's as good as any http://enfia.gr/calc.aspx

There does seem to be an age multiplier ("Παλαιότητα Κτίσματος") in the calculation section. The law is published here http://www.imerisia.gr/article.asp?catid=27734&subid=2&pubid=113164502, and the age factor seems to be in table 2 of article 4.

Running our own property through the calculator, it seems to be cheaper than the "emergency" tax on electricity bills, but I'll wait for the bill from the tax office before celebrating too much.

Paul

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat May 24, 2014 7:02 pm

The tax office have stated that 75 % of people will pay less than they were paying on the electricity bill. About 20 % will pay about the same and around 5 % will pay more. Property with an objective value over €300,000 pay an additional tax. I think the plan is to move more of the tax burden onto this group.

My best guess is that the actual property tax will be around 15 % less than on the electricity bill but there will be an addition for the land. Thus overall you might pay around 5 % less. That is purely a guess and will vary with the amount of land and where you are located. It shouldn't be too long before bills go out if the first instalment is due in July.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:58 pm

I received the following information in an email from my accountant, George Atsalakis, last night:

"The most reliable scenario is that the property tax bills will be issued at
the end of July.

The full amount of ENFIA can be paid until the end of August with a discount
of 1.5%.

Alternatively the ENFIA can be paid in six equal monthly installments
starting in the end of August 2014."

Obviously still not certain but I thought the update might be useful for people who were wondering what was happening.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:12 pm

Spoke to my accountant on my last visit and she was of the opinion that, for UK residents, the bill may well be issued via UK email addressses if those addresses are held in the online tax system. Which would be helpful; although I guess the actual payment(s) would probably still be required to be made locally.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:57 pm

My income tax demand came by email but it was sent as an attachment by my accountant, not directly to me, even though I am tax resident. Perhaps he has put his own email on the tax system? In the past the paper demand used to come directly to my address.

Payment is pretty easy if you have on-line banking with your Greek bank account. See: http://www.livingincrete.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=8566

Warwick

Lurkin'Around

Postby Lurkin'Around » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 am

I went to see my Accountant in Chania last week and he told me that they were supposed to getting confirmation on Friday just gone that the 2014 tax demands will be issued by the end of July. As Warwick has heard from his Accountant, I guess that confirmation has been issued.

My Accountant also explained that, as he signs my annual tax returns by his electronic signature (he has power of attorney to do so), his email is registered in the tax system and the demand will go to him. This is the norm for most of his clients. He will notify me when he receives the demand and has said that I can either pay it myself or send money to the Company account and they will pay it for me.

He also said that he would register my email address with the tax system if I preferred to have the demand sent directly to me.

I imagine he will be thinking about a different process in the coming months because the workload to pay all his client's tax every month is probably going to be quite high.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

Looks like it is now August, perhaps, maybe. See http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_ar ... 014_541644

Warwick

altohb

Postby altohb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 am

I've just been told by our accountant that they expect it in August.

Mandraek

Postby Mandraek » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 am

Many thanks to Atsalakis:

As we had informed you in the past, the property tax (ENFIA) of year 2014 is not included any more into electricity bill.

ENFIA can be paid in five equal monthly installments starting in the end of August 2014 as follow: The 1st installment up to 31/08, the 2nd up to 30/9, the 3rd up to 31/10, the 4th up to 28/11, the 5th up to 31/12.

[equates to the 19th of every month if you allow 10 days for bank/accountant transfer time]

Alternatively, the full amount of ENFIA can be paid until the end of August with a discount of 1.5%.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:41 am

George Atsalakis has just sent out emails with the new amount. Mine is €409.59. Last year on the electricity bill it was €420.24 so it has gone down a small amount, i.e. about 2.5 %, as previously predicted. A total saving of 4 % over last year if I opt to pay it all now.

Warwick

PS Do bank transfers in Greece really take 10 days? I always pay on-line the day before the bill is due.

jet

Postby jet » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Is there a link like roadtax to download EN.FIA ?

My accountant is probably VERY busy these days

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:07 pm

I think it is more like income tax. You would need to be registered to submit your tax return on-line. You would then log on to your personal tax account and download the demand. I could be wrong.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”