wrought iron gate

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
annabanana

wrought iron gate

Postby annabanana » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi all we live in sitia and I'm looking for some one who can make same iron gates,they will be used for security so need to be strong.
Thank you
Annabanana

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 pm

There's a guy who runs a metal workshop in Achladia. I've not seen his work but I'm told he does gates etc. I don't have a name or number but the workshop is about 400m after you pass the village sign (on the road from Piskokefalo) on the left hand side, just before a right hand bend in the road and directly opposite a large white house with blue painted windows. If you do use him, or find anyone else who's any good, can you let me know?! Thanks.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Anna

If you go to the aluminium door and window workshop of Michalis Galanakis, which is in the parade of businesses just above the football stadium on the same side of the road, he might be able to help you. His father-in-law has a metal-working business a little further down the hill and he built my spiral staircase for me. Not sure if the old man is still in business (this was in 2009) but it's worth asking. Michalis doesn't speak English but his wife (Katerina ?) speaks some. Her brother speaks perfect English.

Hope this helps

Tim

Return to “General Discussion & News”