Renewal Of IKA Book

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Renewal Of IKA Book

Postby Kilkis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:15 pm

I'll certainly be using KEP next year.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:06 am

There is yet another option if you live in the Neapoli area. If you go to the KEP next to the old Town Hall, they will re-direct you to a branch office of IKA located on the first floor of the old Town Hall, which is right next door. There is a big IKA sign at the end of the corridor. You enter a small office on your right. There is just one lady working there! Nobody else present when I went, mid-morning. She doesn't speak very good English unfortunately, but waving your IKA book seems to do the trick. Some friends renewed both their books in 15 minutes, no queue.

Note that I was not so lucky because my wife is a dependent on my book. Apparently hers must still be renewed in Agios Nikolaos. But for those who are full pensioners with their own books, this seems very stress-free. Passports, tax numbers, and tax return/tax clearance required, I believe, although I didn't get that far....

Andrew

alistair

Postby alistair » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:29 am

As ever it always varies - I went to IKA yesterday to renew mine, handed over my book - renewed - straight back out.
Alistair

Al

Postby Al » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Well, after all that, I received a phone call from the lovely ladies in the Kalives KEP exactly two weeks after taking our IKA books to them, to say they were available for collection. I went in later and got the books. Smiles all round. Beats a long wait in the scrum in the IKA building. Thanks for all the comments chums.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 am

The KEP route certainly seems the favourite if it's available to you, and you don't mind losing your book for a while. I was finally in a position to get to our IKA at Agios Nikolaos yesterday. Arrived at 07.25. Doors already open, two people ahead of me. Great, I thought. Ticket machine not working yet. Why not? No idea. Still, I know I'm third so not bothered.

No-one serving till 08.00 so we wait. More people arrive. Some counting of heads and acknowledgement of numbers. Ticket machine still not switched on. More people arrive. Memeber of staff comes to play with ticket machine. Still not working. More people arrive. A certain amount of shuffling towards the machine as people realise that there is going to be a scrum when the machine is switched on.

Strategic loud comments from the first few arrivals about who is first, second, third etc.

Eventually I got served (3rd), at 08.10, finished by 08.30, during which time the ticket machine was switched on, and the nearest punters grabbed tickets regardless of arrival order. As you would expect.

Lesson? Never leave it so late in February!!! Anyone who arrived after 8 am would have had a long and frustrating wait.

Papers? Just the books, and an affidavit stating we do not work and have no other health insurance. The nice lady did ask, AFTER doing all the work, for a tax clearance. I just showed my tax return, which she glanced at and returned. Job done, but KEP if you can.

Andrew

pompeyjohn46

Postby pompeyjohn46 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Could some kind person enlighten me as to the location of the KEP office in Kalyves please?

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 pm

I assumed it was in the Town Hall, opposite the Periptero on the road leading to Kalami.

allan

Postby allan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Can be done online in certain situations now.

http://www.ika.gr/gr/infopages/asfaccount/asfikan.cfm

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:26 pm

When friends and I went to renew our books at KEP they told us it was possible to renew books on-line and they looked to see if ours could be renewed in this way. It is possible that they used the web page linked by Allan, I can't be sure. They found that our books could not be renewed on-line. I don't know if that is general for all ex-pat books issued through an S1 form or was just specific to our books. It is also possible it might change in the future.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 pm

pompeyjohn46 wrote:Could some kind person enlighten me as to the location of the KEP office in Kalyves please?
As Satcure directed, opposite the kiosk in the small car park on the right as you head towards IN.KA from Kalyves . KEP office is on left immediately inside the main entrance of the town hall.

pompeyjohn46

Postby pompeyjohn46 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Many thanks for directions to KEP. John

Return to “General Discussion & News”