Cretian Cooking Class, Sailing, Hiking Groups

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
coco

Cretian Cooking Class, Sailing, Hiking Groups

Postby coco » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:55 pm

Coco- April 7-16 near Agios Nickolaos.

Are there any traditional Cretian cooking classes, sailing excursions, hiking groups, etc. going on in Crete?

It does not have to be near Agios Nickolaos since I will be driving all over the island.

Young, Colorado 40 woman looking for adventure friends or recomendations on island activities.

How about a picturesque Greek Orthodox church in Agios Nickolaos or Heraklion for Easter mass? What is the dress code for church in Crete? Below the knee dress with nylons allright?

I'm half Greek (via Crete) and would like to mix with the local people.

Thanks!

Coco
Considering living in Crete, 'will be visiting April 7th-16th in Agios Nickolaos. 'Would like to take a Cretian cooking class, sail with experienced locals. Easter church ideas? Thanks!
Coco

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi Coco,

You are likely to find locally organised excursions though travel agents / tourist offices when you are here, for example you can go to Elounda and take the boat to Spinalonga. For Cretan cooking you can look at www.cookingincrete.com

Someone else here on the board may know of activities going on, and the best churches in those areas ?

I wouldn't worry too much about the dress code at the Easter service - everyone tends to be dressed up like for a night on the town and just about anything goes.. really! even in village churches...it's like a fashion parade. Forget those old images of demurely dressed young women.

Saki

Postby Saki » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:22 am

Hi Coco,

As for walking & Hiking, there is the European Long Distance Walking Path E4 - in Crete. It runs from the one side of the island to the other. You can start from many different locations. For more detailed info check out this link http://www.oreivatein.com/page/e/e_e4_dc.htm Email is admin@oreivatein.com. I have heard its quite a harsh route though. You decide for yourself...Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Regards,
Saki
Visiting Crete?
www.Imagine-Crete.com

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:16 am

Coco,

I also found this website, click on the 'activities' page . They seem to arrange day activities
http://www.cretanadventures.gr/en/index.html

Return to “General Discussion & News”