Link to NEW TAXIS E1 year 2014

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.

SatCure

Re: Link to NEW TAXIS E1 year 2014

Postby SatCure » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Never mind taxis - what about buses?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:05 am

I exchanged a couple of emails with my accountant today. As far as I can tell, although the E1 form is available on-line as a pdf as linked by Jet, the TAXISnet system for on-line filing is not operational this year yet. He estimates returns will be done in June or July.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 am

Yes, my accountant told me much the same thing yesterday, although he didn't mention that it might be as late as June/July before the system is open. OK, so the new government has had, and still has, a lot on its plate, but bearing in mind the promises Syriza made about tackling corruption and tax evasion and the importance of raising tax revenues, there's wearisome sense of deja vu in all this. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Loretta and others, could I humbly suggest that a little less global grandstanding and a bit more attention to detail is needed from Athens? :wink:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 pm

I didn't mean to imply that it will be as late as June/July before the system is open. I think it is more that the deadline for completion will be June/July. If you go back a couple of years the deadline used to vary through May depending on the last digit of your tax number. The last couple of years it has been delayed into June/July both years. We seem to have got into a never ending cycle of the government making a few thousand changes and the tax office not being able to implement* them on time.

Warwick

* I think you could possibly replace the word "implement" with the word "understand"?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 am

According to ekathimerini today, http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_ar ... 015_549316 , the on-line system is scheduled to be operational by 10 May at the earliest and the deadline for completion of returns is 30 June with a 10 day extension being considered. First payment due by 31 July.

I hope they bring in the 10 to 15 % discount for lump sum payment mentioned in the article. Personally it doesn't matter to me when I pay it. If they don't give a discount I will pay in instalments. If they do give a discount I will pay it all in one go.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 18, 2015 9:58 pm

The on-line submission system is now working according to ekathimerini, http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_ar ... 015_550152

Note that the article makes the following points:

1 On-line submission is compulsory so I don't know why they published a paper version of the E1 as a pdf?
    2 The deadline for submission is still the end of June although their may be an extension.
    3 The deadline for first payment is still the end of July.
    4 There will only be a very small reduction for paying it all in one instalment.
    5 You have to provide an email address.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”