shipping a crate from UK to Crete address

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
howardscorton1

shipping a crate from UK to Crete address

Postby howardscorton1 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 am

Hi

I will be moving to live permanently in Apokoronas region later this year. I want to have a crate (about the size of two tea chests) shipped from Uk to my address in Crete. It is just household equipment and clothes so not valuable or urgent. Anyone advise on best companies who will do this?

Thanks.

Ann Jennings

Re: shipping a crate from UK to Crete address

Postby Ann Jennings » Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 am

We used Nomad they were excellent, they are based in Peterborough but came down to Southampton to collect our boxes and delivered them two weeks after we arrived. They also have a depot at Vamos so can store things for you. You can e-mail for a quote and they answer straight away unlike other firms that did not bother to reply.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 am

Nomad are very good for smaller items. I found Anglo Greek were significantly cheaper for larger items and deliver to your door at no extra cost. A double bed and a flat pack large shed were both about £100 less with Anglo Greek. See http://www.anglogreek.com/full-contact-details/

Warwick

annabanana

Postby annabanana » Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 am

Hi there,
We used greengibble, very,very,very,good,I would recommend any time
Anna

Danny

Postby Danny » Mon May 18, 2015 5:08 am

We used Anglo Greek and were pleased with their charges and service.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 am

It's perhaps worth noting that the services offered by Nomad-Crete Express and Greengibble are slightly different from Anglo Greek. Anglo Greek are a freight forwarder. That means that they use a variety of carriers and your parcel moves from depot to depot across Europe being offloaded and reloaded onto different trucks, a bit like a courier service. Crete Express and Greengibble do point to point delivery where your parcel gets loaded onto their truck at their depot and then offloaded at their depot at the other end. That might be a consideration if the thing being delivered is particularly fragile?

From the user point of view there isn't a lot of difference. You get the parcel to the depot at one end and pick it up from the depot at the other end. In the case of Anglo Greek it will be delivered to your door at no extra cost. With Crete Express, and I guess with Greengibble although I don't know for sure, it is extra to get home delivery.

Note also that, in the case of Anglo Greek, the depot you deliver to is not usually their depot and may vary so make sure you get the correct address each time.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”