URGENT - YOUR TAX RETURN

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
SatCure

URGENT - YOUR TAX RETURN

Postby SatCure » Sun May 24, 2015 11:47 am

Dear clients,

A) A.M.K.A. number. We need it from some of our clients in order to fill your tax return.

Only the clients that have medical care from IKA in Greece, it is very important for your tax declaration, to provide us your (Α.Μ.Κ.Α) REGISTRATION SOCIAL SECURITY number.

Your AMKA number is written in your Social security booklet (IKA book), it has eleven digits. The first six digits corresponds to your date of birth -day-month-year, (for example if the date of birth is 14/08/1956 the AMKA number will be like 140856..................).
We need the AMKA for both of you in case of couples (only in case that both have AMKA number).

We would like to have it as soon as possible and before the end of May, 2015.

B) Property tax 2015

The tax office has not yet announced any information about the property tax of 2015.

So we don't know if the amount of property tax will be the same as last year or if a new law will be voted.

We don't think that the tax office will announce something sooner than July-August.

When the tax office will announce something we let you know by email. We inform you about the amount and the ways that it can be paid.

Thank you in advance

With kindest regards

Atsalakis - George, Niki & Joanna

ATSALAKIS & PARTNERS

If this is not your accountant you STILL need to provide your A.M.K.A. number (if applicable) to your own accountant BEFORE END OF MAY.

Guy M

Re: URGENT - YOUR TAX RETURN

Postby Guy M » Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 pm

This is my accountant and he's always been very good.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Has anyone else heard from their accountant in the last few days about new plans by the government to (I quote) "look at foreigners with thousands of euros in their bank accounts and tax them?"

The accountant I use doesn't have a very good grasp of English and my Greek is even worse, so quite a lot gets lost in translation. However, it appears he might be saying that they will revert to making assumed income calculations based on the amount of money you hold in your account(s).

I'm not clear whether this will apply to all "foreigners," what is meant by "thousands of euros" -- 1, 2, 20, 30 ? who knows?) and what the implications will be for the Double Taxation Convention.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has heard anything of this nature.

jet

Postby jet » Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Many people have only their vacation house and have nothing AMKA number, what should they do?

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Mon May 25, 2015 7:10 pm

jet wrote:Many people have only their vacation house and have nothing AMKA number, what should they do?

It states "Only the clients that have medical care from IKA in Greece".

So do nothing if you don't have medical care from IKA in Greece. :)

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Mixos wrote:Has anyone else heard from their accountant in the last few days about new plans by the government to (I quote) "look at foreigners with thousands of euros in their bank accounts and tax them?"

They are welcome to look hard at the €129 in my current account and the £125 in my sterling account - any time! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon May 25, 2015 8:14 pm

bobscott wrote:
They are welcome to look hard at the €129 in my current account and the £125 in my sterling account - any time! Bob.

Ha! You can't hide your Swiss bank account any longer Bob - they will find you ?!

Clio

Postby Clio » Mon May 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Ha! You can't hide your Swiss bank account any longer Bob

Absolutely, Carol. Definitely time to invest in an (ahem) "small safe" for one's used πενιντάρικa...

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue May 26, 2015 8:10 am

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that your accountant was talking about proposed changes to the property tax that were being discussed, Mixos. Instead of just taxing your property they were proposing to introduce a wealth tax under which you would have to declare your world wide wealth, e.g. property, bank accounts, other assets etc. inside and outside Greece. I'm not sure what has happened to these ideas.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Tue May 26, 2015 11:40 am

Well if that's the plan, I will look forward to reading about the vigorous pursuit of tax due on the many millions of euros drained from Greek bank accounts and stashed away in London, Zurich, Berlin etc... :lol:

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue May 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Don't be surprised if you get a bill in the near future for property tax 2007/2008 they are looking into it :evil: why not go back to 1960 and charge for all those years.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Tue May 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Mixos wrote
Well if that's the plan, I will look forward to reading about the vigorous pursuit of tax due on the many millions of euros drained from Greek bank accounts and stashed away in London, Zurich, Berlin etc... :lol:

In the meantime, I learned from a friend who popped to the bank today to withdraw some cash over the counter (as opposed to ATM) from their account, only to be told they could ONLY make a withdrawal if they present a document from their Accountant to confirm that they do not owe any tax ......................

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Carolina wrote:
bobscott wrote:

Ha! You can't hide your Swiss bank account any longer Bob - they will find you ?!

Despite having just returned from 12 days in switzerland, I didn't have enough money left to open a bank account! Good job the duty free shops were all closed at 4am - my credit card would have suffered even more! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Clio wrote:
Ha! You can't hide your Swiss bank account any longer Bob

Absolutely, Carol. Definitely time to invest in an (ahem) "small safe" for one's used πενιντάρικa...

Indeed! 8)

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 am

scooby wrote:Don't be surprised if you get a bill in the near future for property tax 2007/2008 they are looking into it :evil: why not go back to 1960 and charge for all those years.

Yup. I just received a bill for ETAK, (property tax), from 2007. This was for a property that my mother owned and lived in at the time. She died in 2008, we got probate in Dec of that year, and the property was sold in 2009. Both for probate and in selling we got tax clearances from her tax office. On what basis are they demanding money now? It seems a tax clearance is not a clearance at all.

Why am I not surprised?

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Return to “General Discussion & News”