PLAN B

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
ScotinCrete

Re: PLAN B

Postby ScotinCrete » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 am

I admit to always having been risk averse myself so Grexit does worry me. But I agree that the current austerity measures are, at best, unlikely to turn around the Greek economy.
But Plan B seems to have been an enabler of moving to a new/old currency and then ????

As for Varoufakis, I do not doubt his intellectual ability but his ability to deal with what is rather than what should be and a fair dash of hubris means, to me, he is a liability to Tsiparas and Greece.
A conference call with outsiders explaining how he broke the law but don't tell anybody? Really?

Phild

Re: PLAN B

Postby Phild » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 am

SatCure wrote:
Phild wrote:NB. Don't forget that ALL mainstream media opinion polls predicted that NAI would win the day.

But don't forget that they were all either manipulated or not carried out at all - fictitious. The only poll that was anywhere near accurate was that carried out by Iraklio university - and it was studiously ignored by the media.

This was, indeed, what I was implying, and by extension the polls which quote that 'a majority of Greeks do not want to leave the Euro' ought to be taken with a pinch of salt too.

filippos wrote:
Phild wrote: wrote:
Those who didn't want a Grexit are afraid of the unknown. Their opinion is that implicit in an oxi vote was the chance of a Grexit.

As I said.

Important context note:

Phild wrote:I think that most intelligent locals I have spoken to want a Grexit. Those who didn't want a Grexit are afraid of the unknown. Their opinion is that implicit in an oxi vote was the chance of a Grexit.

i.e. Both NAI and OXI camps thought that an OXI vote carried an implicit chance of a Grexit. There may have been OXI voters who did not want to leave the Euro, but there will have been a proportion who did. Unfortunately, the question was not asked.

ScotinCrete wrote:A conference call with outsiders explaining how he broke the law but don't tell anybody? Really?

No, not really. As usual the media reports were deliberately misleading. It should be noted that Kathimerini and SKAI are owned by the Alafouzou group, and these media outlets are about as right wing as you can get without falling off the edge into Golden Dawn land (or maybe... who knows??? :-) ) Many of my local friends refer to the TV station as 'SKATA' TV.

From Twitter - Source Theodora Oikonomides tweet:
----
Phil
----

Return to “General Discussion & News”