Yanis new carer in Europe.

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
SteveH

Yanis new carer in Europe.

Postby SteveH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Well it appears Yani has decided to continue talking Economics in wider Europe, despite it not appealing to a certain select audiences. :D

Varoufakis not running in snap elections, wants to create European network

He was recently speaking at the Fête de la rose, a meeting of the left in France. He is off to London on Friday 23 October for a Guardian Live conversation with Pablo Iglesias of Podemos (Spain) ].

I think Greek politics are going to miss his concise & pertinent contributions, but I'm glad he's hung around to needle the, rather too complacent, European establishment.

Would have been interested to be a "Fly on the Wall" for this... Moscovici: I prevented fight between Dijsselbloem, Varoufakis

Steve.

Loretta9

Re: Yanis new carer in Europe.

Postby Loretta9 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:26 pm

I would not trust Varoufakis as far as I could throw him. He has not achieved anything despite his posturing. He should join up with David Miliband and travel the world cashing in on speech making. He probably is doing just that.

Clio

Postby Clio » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:00 pm

I doubt he would lose any sleep over that. He has the regard of his peers in economics the world over, And if there is to be a new, improved kind of European union, he would be an excellent architect.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Clio wrote:I doubt he would lose any sleep over that. He has the regard of his peers in economics the world over, And if there is to be a new, improved kind of European union, he would be an excellent architect.

Yes, I agree ....jeff Edit....( FWIW..I think he out classes the other people involved in this )

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm

The truth will out on him. Watch this space ... to quote judge Judy .. if it dont make sense it aint right. Varoufakis resigning never rang true with me. You are right tho .. he wont lose any sleep.

Return to “General Discussion & News”