Property Tax, latest.

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
altohb

Property Tax, latest.

Postby altohb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Kilkis

Re: Property Tax, latest.

Postby Kilkis » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm

While I agree with the general thrust of the article I have to admit that in my own case I cannot really complain about the valuation and I suspect that is true for may ex-pats. The objective valuation shown on my last ENFIA bill was about 60 % down on the price I paid for the property and possibly is still a bit less than the market value today.

Firstly I think most ex-pats probably paid a higher price for their properties than a Greek would have paid for the same property. The price in the ex-pat market was higher than in the local market and so was further above the objective value. When the value fell in the ex-pat market it still didn't get below the objective value.

I also think there is a bigger problem in large cities and towns where possibly more effort was put into increasing the objective value when prices were rising, in order to try to bring objective values more in line with market values. I don't think this happened as aggressively in villages. Where the effort was successful the subsequent fall in market value would leave the objective values well above the new lower market value. Where it wasn't successful it would merely take the market value back down to the objective value.

I would guess that the houses of most ex-pats using this forum have an objective value that is still less or about the same as the market value we could get today.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Has anybody had their ENFIA notice yet? The link, above, posted by altohb says the first payment was due around now. Just wondering if anyone has had the details from their accountant yet.

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:46 am

Went into the accountant last week and we were told.......come back next week.
Will try again Thurs.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:35 am

I think there was a general article about taxes recently in Ekathimerini that said the property tax site would open today with a deadline for the first payment by the end of October. Five instalments so last payment at the end of February.

Warwick

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:46 am

Saw my accounant this morning and have got mine but the system is not showing my wife's share. The computer said NO!
Told to try again tomorrow.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:26 am

Both mine and my wife's now showing on Taxisnet web site. Very slightly down on last year's. As Kilkis mentioned, five instalments, first due 30/10/15, last one due 29/2/16. I paid mine online last year. Or you can get it split over 12 instalments at a Piraeus Bank branch.

Andrew

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 am

YoMo2 wrote:Both mine and my wife's now showing on Taxisnet web site. Very slightly down on last year's. As Kilkis mentioned, five instalments, first due 30/10/15, last one due 29/2/16. I paid mine online last year. Or you can get it split over 12 instalments at a Piraeus Bank branch.

Andrew

Interesting. I called in at our accountant yesterday mid-day to be told that Taxisnet had been down for 2 days and was still down. You maybe caught a 'window' of activity! 'Come back next week' was the advice. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Based on my experience at the tax office not long ago, on a not particularly busy day, Taxisnet crashes about every 20 minutes and takes 10 to 15 minutes to come back on-line. On a day when everybody is trying to access it because they have just released some new information I would guess crashes would be more frequent.

Warwick

ScotinCrete

Postby ScotinCrete » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Does the deadline for payment of 30 Oct still stand? Like most i was told come back next week. If we all go back next week the system will definitely crash!
This assumes I can get to the front of the queue for ENFIA as I cant get an appointment as no one knows when the system will be working :roll:

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:29 am

According to mail from my lawyer last night the deadline October 30th still stands.

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:48 am

Hudson wrote:Saw my accounant this morning and have got mine but the system is not showing my wife's share. The computer said NO!
Told to try again tomorrow.

Turns out that a second visit was not necessary as the accountant emailed the documents to us, so I have ample time to get into town and part with my cash.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:11 am

My accountant always emails me the ENFIA demand. I simply set up the five payments on-line and forget all about it. No trips to the accountant. No trips to the tax office. As long as I receive it before the 29 October it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know if it will be the same this year but last year, if you were slightly late with the payment, you faced the horrendous fine of around €1 so make sure you pay on time. People who were forced to pay late because part of the information was not on the taxisnet system, e.g. spouse' share, were also fined.

Some people say the Greek tax system is still living in the time of the Ottoman Empire. I think this is very unfair. They haven't really progressed beyond the Byzantine Empire yet. One day they will be dragged kicking and screaming into the sixteenth century.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Just received my ENFIA demand from my accountant. It is approximately 4 % less than last year, which is about what I expected.

The fine is 0.73 % per instalment per month but my accountant thinks they might waive the fine for the first instalment if it is paid a little late, because of the late release of the forms, but that is not certain. Worst case if you do end up getting the bill late and pay the first and second instalment on 30 November and the rest on their due dates your fine would be less than €1 unless your bill is large. Hardly the end of the world.

Warwick

Hameziman

Postby Hameziman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:00 pm

I have managed to log into taxisnet to find my obligations re property tax. Is there an "English" translation version of this site? Couldn't find a "button" for this on the site. (Doesn't mean to say there isn't one - just I can't find one!)
Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion & News”