Property Tax, latest.

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Property Tax, latest.

Postby Kilkis » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:04 pm

As far as I know the whole Taxisnet site is only available in Greek. That's partly why most of us use an accountant.

Warwick

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 pm

my accountant sent me the amount due for property tax but I can't find it on my internet bank page pankriti,on the dropdown box for payments there is no option for enfia,there is one for assessed taxes which I use to pay our yearly tax,there is an option to enter my tax number and a 9 digit number and a 12 digit number,all of these are on the tax form and the enfia payment form,the 12 digit number is different on each one,not sure wether to try that or queue up at bank,any tips greatly appreciated
a pessimist is an optimist with experience

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:56 pm

On the Alpha Bank system the drop down form for assessed taxes includes income tax and ENFIA: "Assessed Tax Dues (Income Tax, ΕΝ.F.I.A. etc)".

The payment code on my ENFIA demand consists of my 9 digit tax number followed by a space, followed by another 9 digit number, followed by a space, followed by a 12 digit number, i.e. 32 digits in all including the spaces. In order to enter that on the bank payment form I had to delete the two spaces and enter it as a single 30 digit number. It is next to a label: Ταυτότητα Οφειλής.

I cannot guarantee Pankritia is the same. I am sure Alpha used to have three boxes to put the three parts of the code in but has not done so for a few years.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Hameziman wrote:I have managed to log into taxisnet to find my obligations re property tax. Is there an "English" translation version of this site? Couldn't find a "button" for this on the site. (Doesn't mean to say there isn't one - just I can't find one!)
Thanks!

The site is only in Greek. For those who have log in details & password for TAXISnet:

Go to http://www.gsis.gr/gsis/info/gsis_site/index.html
On the right of the page under MyTAXISnet click Ο λογαριασμός μου
On next page, in the text Για να δείτε όλες τις διαθέσιμες εφαρμογές του TAXISnet πατήστε τον σύνδεσμο Εφαρμογές click Εφαρμογές
Next page click Εφαρμογή Περιουσιολογίου Ε9 - the fourth title in text & next to E9 symbol
Next brings up a page of text. Scroll to bottom and click the button εισοδος
Next page in the box on the left change 2016 to 2015. In the list which appears below 2015 click, near the bottom:
Εκτυπωση ειδοιποιησει πληρωμης φορου (σε αρχειο. pdf). This downloads a PDF document with ENFIA details

Hameziman

Postby Hameziman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you so much Carolina! It worked - although I had to use Firefox as it doesn't work with Internet Explorer for some reason.
I think it says on the foot of the last but two pages it won't work with Explorer 8. As it happens I used explorer 7!

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:23 pm

How do you acquire a password for the TAXISnet site? Is this something you have to obtain from your accountant or can you apply direct? At the moment I have to give my accountant a bank authorisation letter if/when I am out of Crete and any payment such as ENFIA is due, but it would be simpler - not to say cheaper - if I could do it all online.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Your accountant will have your password. But even if you get your ENFIA statement from your accountant via email you can pay it online.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks, Carol.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:47 am

Our property tax is exactly the same as last year. I mean precisely the same, to the cent. Seems rather odd, as Andrew's (see earlier post) was slightly down. Has anybody's gone up? Seems rather odd, but I guess I'm not really complaining. Could be worse.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:25 pm

I am pretty sure that the plan was for the tax on more expensive properties to go up and on cheaper properties to go down but I'm not sure exactly how they achieved that aim. Sounds like you are exactly in the middle. Mine was a little above €400 last year and is a little below this year with an overall reduction of 4 % so I am guessing yours is above that.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:23 pm

We pay excactly the same amount this year as last year - 668,48 euro.

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:06 am

Something very wrong here, ours has increased by 20% !!! Up from 367€ to 441€, no idea as to why. My next door neighbours is 256€ & they have twice as much land and the same build. Where do I go to try & sort this out?
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:38 am

STEVE.W wrote:Something very wrong here, ours has increased by 20% !!! Up from 367€ to 441€, no idea as to why. My next door neighbours is 256€ & they have twice as much land and the same build. Where do I go to try & sort this out?

Your accountant would be a good starting point.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am

There is a site which calculates it for you: ENFIA Calculator. There is also a thread with a Discussion in 2014 At least that should tell you roughly what it should be. If you have the part of the bill that shows the calculation virtually all the information you need to put on the calculator site is there.

I guess to challenge it you need to go to the tax office but I don't know exactly where. As Bob suggests, I pay an accountant to sort out such things.

I have done some more investigation and it looks like there might not be a decrease in the basic ENFIA rates at all. My house changed from being in the 5 to 9 year old band to being in the 10 to 14 year old one, which exactly accounts for the 4 % decrease I have seen.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Return to “General Discussion & News”