Paying a water bill online

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Lurkin'Around

Paying a water bill online

Postby Lurkin'Around » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi folks,
does anyone in the Tavronitis area pay their water bill online from Piraeus Winbank facility please? If so, could you tell me how you do it please? I've searched for DEYA in the list of payees but can't find it so thought I may be able to do it as a one off payment using information on the remittance slip but not sure what to use.

Thanks in advance
Felicity

Kilkis

Re: Paying a water bill online

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm

I don't know specifically about Piraeus but on Alpha bank's web site under the Payment tab one option is Greek Public sector. This is the same top level menu item that you use to pay tax and electricity bills. When you click on that you get lots of choices including D.E.Y.A. When you select this you get a payment form which has another selection box with all the different D.E.Y.A.s. I am guessing that Tavronitis is D.E.Y.A. Voreiou Axona which is about half way down the list on Alpha bank. There are other boxes to put the account you want to pay from, again a selection process, the payment code, which you type in from the bill, the amount and the date to make the payment. I would guess Piraeus will be similar.

I think it is important that you use a similar form on Piraeus. I don't beleive you can set it up as a payment to a bank account as you would transferring funds to another individual.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:32 am

Lurkin'Around wrote:Hi folks,
does anyone in the Tavronitis area pay their water bill online from Piraeus Winbank facility please? If so, could you tell me how you do it please? I've searched for DEYA in the list of payees but can't find it so thought I may be able to do it as a one off payment using information on the remittance slip but not sure what to use.

Thanks in advance
Felicity
Search for EYDAP in popular payments. Thats the only water company I can find on their website.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 am

I use Piraeus on-line and paying water bills looks straightforward (although I don't pay our water bill directly).
Go to Payments >
Popular payments >
EYDAP: Pay your EYDAP (Athens Water Supply & Sewerage Company) bills >
That puts you on a page with a nice colourful reproduction of a bill showing what numbers to enter where, then the usual option of whether to pay immediately or on some specific date.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 am

filippos wrote:I use Piraeus on-line and paying water bills looks straightforward (although I don't pay our water bill directly).
Go to Payments >
Popular payments >
EYDAP: Pay your EYDAP (Athens Water Supply & Sewerage Company) bills >
That puts you on a page with a nice colourful reproduction of a bill showing what numbers to enter where, then the usual option of whether to pay immediately or on some specific date.

Whilst it may be technically possible, am not sure that you can pay water bills on line in the Apokoronas region - where we both are. I will endeavour to find the answer! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Lurkin'Around

Postby Lurkin'Around » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi, thanks for all your suggestions so far. I found EYDAP but the example bill is completely different to the bill that I receive. I don't think that the Gerani water board has joined up with EYDAP yet so it's still DEYA, the logo on the bill shows DEYABA and I can't find either on the Piraeus web site.

I guess as Alpha Bank has it in the list, it must be possible to pay online but the search is still on for how to do it with Piraeus if anyone has any more suggestions.

Thanks
Felicity

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:07 pm

I tried looking through the Piraeus Winbank demonstration web site and as far as I can see payments to D.E.Y.A do not exist. What a useless bank? D.E.Y.A and E.YD.A.P are completely different. I do not believe you can use the E.YD.A.P form to pay D.E.Y.A.

I believe you are correct Bob. Not all water companies are set up for direct bank payment and I think Apokoronas is one of the ones that isn't.

Warwick

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm

AHMOZ AnOKOPQNOY
A.0>.M.: 997570100 -A.O.Y.: B'A'XANIQN

Our water is with the above Company and we pay our bill at the Government office in Kalyves. As we live in the UK most of the year we asked if we could pay this on line as we do with our electric bill. We were told no as they have no provision in place to accept electronic payments. :( :(
Regards
Cruc

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Cruc wrote:AHMOZ AnOKOPQNOY
A.0>.M.: 997570100 -A.O.Y.: B'A'XANIQN

Our water is with the above Company and we pay our bill at the Government office in Kalyves. As we live in the UK most of the year we asked if we could pay this on line as we do with our electric bill. We were told no as they have no provision in place to accept electronic payments. :( :(

Just had that confirmed from the town hall in Vrysses. Payment in cash in Kalyves, Vamos and Vrysses (maybe other places as well).

ipmcrete

Postby ipmcrete » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Not a rant, but an observation. We have a huge amount of clients' water bills to pay each due date. The electricity and phone bills are no problem, as we do this by internet banking. Despite the water bills having a barcode on them, the water board do not have a barcode reader, so everything is done manually. I was in the bank yesterday, and asked how I may pay the 850 euros due on these bills, as I could only draw out 60 Euros per day. They said "No problem, we will issue you a cashier's cheque, which you can take to the water board". Simples (And funny clicking noise that merecats make). So...Today, I went to the bank (The same bank and branch), and requested said cashier's cheque for 847.74 Euros made out to the water board. "We cannot do that", they said. I then pointed to the lady sitting adjacent, and said "This lady told me I could, only yesterday". They kind of relented, but just to make sure, they phoned Mr.Nikos at the water board to check this was ok. he obviously said yes, so a cheque was issued. Not without some fun though, as the young lady tore the cheque slightly as she retrieved it from the printer. Without a word of a lie, she said "Oh crap". She then blushed, and went into fits of giggles, as did we all. Anyway, blushing and fanning of face later, I had the cheque.
I proceeded post haste to the water board with my collection of bills and the method of payment. ( I am sure this guy was related to the IKEA kitchen fitter}, as at first he said "The electricity is out in Vrisses". I took this to be a code phrase, so I responded with "The palms are not gathering in Egypt at this time of year". Stony silence. Then he glanced at the cashier's cheque, duly signed, counter signed and stamped 4 times, and said "Only cash here". I explained that I could only draw out 60 euros a day, so it would take a while for me to accumulate the 847.74 Euros. He said, (I laughed), "You must take this cheque to the bank, and bring the cash back to me". Many expletives later, Mr.Nikos was called. (He had taken the phone call from the bank, you may remember). And lo, it came to pass that (Maybe tomorrow, if Vrisses has electricity) the bills may be paid.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Like it, Mike.

I'm not sure the water company having a barcode reader would help. My bill with ΔΕΥΑΒΑ is payable by on-line banking and also has a barcode. The barcode is only part of the payment code that you use on-line. The payment code has an extra 5 digits.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Lurkin'Around wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks in advance
Felicity
Go to "payments" then click "by category" click "municipal companies" click on M.E.W.S Chania (in my case), or whatever municipality you come under and hey presto, Deyax is there.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:11 pm

DEYABA is under M.E.W.S. N.A. Chania.

Warwick

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Apokoronas council will not accept electronic transfers because each one costs them €10 and they say they can't afford to absorb that amount.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:29 pm

SatCure wrote:Apokoronas council will not accept electronic transfers because each one costs them €10 and they say they can't afford to absorb that amount.

Which begs the questions: why does it cost so much and

do those municipalities which will accept electronic transfers have to pay the same extortionate fee?

Return to “General Discussion & News”