Border controls ???????

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
moggieman

Border controls ???????

Postby moggieman » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Greece gets stuffed once again by the EEC.

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2016/02 ... ith-fyrom/

Thanks to Merkels open arms policy. Or has she now crossed them.

Loretta9

Re: Border controls ???????

Postby Loretta9 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 pm

The whole EEC set up is a sham. Presided over by psychopathic, power crazy careerists.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:11 am

But this isn't the bureaucrats in Brussels, Loretta. This is the right wing leaders of four former soviet republics. There are undoubtedly many things wrong with the way the EU is run but you cannot arbitrarily blame everything that happens in the EU on the Commission just because you hate them.

Warwick

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:24 am

I can and I have. Any self appointed group who purport to work for the people who award themselves the pay packet and privileges they get - while they impose severe austerity upon the people - deserve all the criticism aimed at them. I dont care which party or country or personal allegiances they hold.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:04 am

Well Loretta, I trust that you will direct equal scorn and contempt towards Russia, where Putin is cynically causing enforced migration from Syria as an instrument of war to de-stabilise the EU from the south, and poor Greece is now reaping the whirlwind. I don't think this is what Alexis Tsipras had in mind when he went trotting off to the Kremlin after the election. If you sup with the devil, use a long spoon.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:26 am

But you should be supporting these people, Loretta. Moggieman somewhat wrongly described it as, "Greece gets stuffed once again by the EEC." The demands for closing borders and shutting Greece out of Schengen are not coming from Brussels. Brussels is insisting Greece must remain within Schengen. They are coming from the democratically elected leaders of a few sovereign states promoting populist, nationalistic policies. That is exactly what you want to achieve. It is what you have proposed on LiC many times. You should be applauding and cheering them on.

Warwick

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Very much into the "Blame Game" now, I see.

Warwick, as always, is seeing much deeper into the flow of events that have bought us to this situation. From my point of view it is an absolute bugger to attempt to unpick.

I'm in no way inferring that any observations are devoid of truth, but I'm not going to rush to take sides, & unless you are liking the idea of a direct nuclear armed super power conflict, purely based around diametrically opposed ideology's, I would suggest a little reflection too. What I do realise is that Syria & it's peoples, & that includes the refuges, are symptomatic of a far deeper malaise. Warwick has discussed this on other topics here on this board in connection with the world economy, & obvious failings in it's underlying structure, well to a concerned few anyway.

An analogy might be, shouting "fight, fight, fight..." as the two school bullies square off to bash each other. What harm in that? They don't have any recourse to reason, but a pig headed belief that they are right & will do anything to prove it. What's more it's not the "Play Ground", it's your own living room & you are standing right in the middle!!!!

Return to “General Discussion & News”