Has anyone brought their dog out for the summer?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Tweedie

Has anyone brought their dog out for the summer?

Postby Tweedie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi, contemplating this for next summer - anyone give any advice?
Many Thanks

Maud

Re: Has anyone brought their dog out for the summer?

Postby Maud » Wed May 25, 2016 1:13 am

Yes, we take two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and our cat out for six months every year.......but we avoid most of July and August. - We do April to early July, then September and October.......returning to the UK in early November. Although our dogs are bred for a hot country, even they find August too hot! I think that dogs who live on Crete all year round get acclimatised but ours are used to UK winters........although they spend all of the time in front of the Aga!

I think younger dogs cope with it all much better. - Ours are getting on a bit now. We drive out and take the ferry from Ancona to Patras, then again from Piraeus to Souda. It is the least stressful way for us and the animals to do the journey. We are visiting friends in the Midi Pyranees at the moment as our plans have had to change a bit this month. Our wifi is limited, but if I can be of any further help then let me know. - It might be a while before I can get back to you. The important thing is to have their required jabs in place and also get the Leishmaniasis jabs done.

Return to “General Discussion & News”