There seems to have been issues with "i Player Desktop" following a recent upgrade.
I'm running “Vista” & using "Lamnia" on a very slow friends network in the south of Crete. My typical upload & download speeds are 100kb & 250kb, if I'm lucky...
I was using "i Player Desktop" to download content over night.
Following the upgrade the programs would download, but when I tried to play them in "i Player Desktop" I got a blank screen.
I did a search & found I was not alone....
It seems they made a mistake with the new upgrade... they have specified the wrong download path in settings for the downloads. There is also a problem with Adobe Air the platform the BBC use to run "i Player Desktop". More info here:
After hours of uninstalling & reinstalling my solution was to download & install the newest version of Air from:
Then change the file storage location in "i Player Desktop"...I needed to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get file manager up as "i Player Desktop" gets stuck trying to move files from a none existent directory.
I then manually moved the files from their old location to the new one before starting "i Player Desktop" again.
It now works OK....
Watched "Psychoville" & "Getting On" last night....