HELP ! Removals

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
suebob

HELP ! Removals

Postby suebob » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi
This is a frantic request - does anyone know of a company in the Chania area who will move us approximately 15km ! We have six days to move and cannot find anyone or a company who does internal removals within Crete - plenty who will move us back to the UK - But We Don't Want to Go There !
We have only 5 large pieces to move - but we are on a 1st floor apartment and one piece would have to go out over the balcony - well, not literally !
Any help or advice would truly be gratefully received !
Thanks in anticipation of some suggestions !
Cheers
suebob :mrgreen:

Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:45 pm

On the side road of the Chania KTEL (the one that leads into Kydonia Street - buses will exit there) there is a small taxi stand. Only enough for one or two cars. Right behind those cars you will often see several small trucks/vans parked. They do exactly that sort of removal. I have no idea if these people speak English, that may be asking too much. They only move the stuff but they will also have access to people with the right physical strength to do the job (I remember that one such person carried my washing machine with one arm only, thrown over his shoulder down one flight of stairs a few years ago)
If you don't see any van there enquire in the cafe that is opposite. They ought to know how to contact someone.

You have 6 days to move, no reason to panic, that's LOADS of time. In fact I suggest that you don't arrange your removal so far in advance, you'll only confuse them.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm

You could also try:
http://www.fastmovers.gr/en_index.html
They have a base in Halepa, Chania according to their website and I have seen their vans all over town in the last few months - in fact one is parked down my next street every night so one of the drivers must live there. I have no idea of their prices etc.

Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Wow, that's a more high tech solution! My last move was a while back so I guess that things have changed.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 pm

High tech - maybe. More expensive than your solution - probably!

Cheapest way to move house - grab the koumbaros and brothers in law to do the lifting, and any neighbours and friends with a pick up truck or anything larger. Only trouble with this is that you end up 'owing' help to a lot of people in their future house moves :wink:

suebob

Help: Removals

Postby suebob » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi Jean & Carolina
Many, many thanks - have emailed the FastMovers ! Will try and find Jean's contacts tomorrow. I guess we picked a really bad week to try and move, but needs must.

Carolina - you were right about that Road ! Live and Learn.

Will let you know if we are successful, if not - What are you all doing next week ? :wink:
Thanks

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:48 pm

You could try

George Tsinaris
Transportation Dpt
KMF International
28210 70604

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”