My computer won't load ... help please

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
moggie

My computer won't load ... help please

Postby moggie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 am

I'm hoping that somone might be able to help me. I'm no expert when it comes to computers, but every time I switch on the computer the screen comes up blank and in the top left-hand corner the following numbers and letters appear: Bus: OOH Dev:1DH Fun:O3H. I would be grateful for any help whatsoever.

Many thanks
Jan

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:37 am

I'm certainly no expert but is sounds like it could be a hardware problem rather than software. Either way I doubt you'll find the solution at home. If you haven't got anywhere by tomorrow morning contact either of the following in the morning. Both are in Kalyves, know what they're doing, are helpful and speak good English [if that's necessary].

Theo at X-file 28250 31561 / 69880 17474
Spiros at Media Planet 28250 31161

As you come down the hill into Kalyves [from Almyrida/Vamos direction] X-file is on the left about 80m before the main junction at the bottom of the hill. Media Planet is about 50m further, on the right.

SueA

Postby SueA » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 am

My laptop did something very similar last week. After searching online for a solution and not finding anything that worked, I removed the battery and switched on just using mains power and it started up ok. I put the battery back in the following day and everything is still working! It's worth trying!

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”