Question for Muttly

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Nita

Question for Muttly

Postby Nita » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 am

Question for Muttly

Are you attempting to break a world record in the number of forum postings / words posted in a given time period?

Your average number of posts as at 09.00 a.m. (Greek time) is 9.0 per day, as for the actual word count I dread to think. In comparison, taking just four other members at random, the daily average is 1.45 - and these are regular contributors.

Is it absolutely necessary to hijack each and every topic started by other members?

I will be the first to confess that I am having a bad hair day, my big toe and other body parts are hurting, and not just today for some time now, so I am feeling exceptionally cranky to say the least. To add to this now when I log onto to the forum instead of reading interesting / informative / humorous postings I find only the exceptionally long postings from yourself. Frankly I’m losing the will to live.

Other members will know I detest personal attacks BUT enough is enough!

Big C and Paulh feel free to despatch this to cyberspace. I’m now going to work where, thank god, we don’t have the internet so the next 9 plus hours will at least be Muttly free

Jean

Postby Jean » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:46 am

I am starting to find it quite irritating too Nita, so you are not alone in this.

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:19 am

If a member of this forum is to be censored or reprimanded then surely it is the task of a moderator and no one else. There is a PM system for making ones views known to a mod. In my opinion posted backbiting, such as the above, can only be to this place’s detriment.

Regards, LFB.
Lowell, Frank and Townes - all gone now.

Jean

Postby Jean » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:40 am

If a member of this forum is to be censored or reprimanded then surely it is the task of a moderator and no one else.

And your role is to lay down the rules?

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:13 am

[quote]And your role is to lay down the rules?

No, but I feel free to air an opinion if it doesn't flame other members.

Regards, LFB.
Lowell, Frank and Townes - all gone now.

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:41 am

The Adjectival LFB wrote:
And your role is to lay down the rules?

No, but I feel free to air an opinion if it doesn't flame other members.

Regards, LFB.

Weren't Nita and Jean expressing their opinion?

"..if it doesn't flame other members." Seems Muttly is.

All in MHO of course.

paulh

Postby paulh » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Moderator speaking with moderator hat on

I'll hang back and give anyone and everyone time to self resolve but it's evident this is not going to happen so I'm stepping in with Moderators hobnail boots on

I always said any moderating I do would be in full view not by PM so I am happy to be personally fully accountable for my stance. I also said moderator decisions will be mine and not by committee or by vote. If the general consensus is I got it wrong then I can be replaced.

First off Muttly PM'd me and said its not knocking Britain its telling it like (he believes) it is. Well the Jehovah's Witnesses tell it like (they believe) it is but we don't want their beliefs ramming down our throats either so cease now Muttly or I'll just delete the (in my opinion) problem posts and it will all be pointless anyway. This isn't new to you you were told something similar on Digital Spy forum earlier this year.

One can never tell from words on the internet whether something is genuine or not. There are certain aspects about or holes in your posts Muttly that are big enough to drive a tank through so forgive me if I remain skeptical and I can only say if you do turn up over here and genuine then the first gallon is on me. If you are genuine then you will know that there are "professional" wind up merchants out there and right now I cannot see any evidence that you don't fall in to this category.

Like all my moves as Moderator it isn't up for negotiation or discussion in any way shape or form as that just protracts the problem.

Paul

Return to “Chatter”