Problems with builder's?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Martin0

Problems with builder's?

Postby Martin0 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:31 am

Has anyone encountered any problems with building companies, particulary a company called Medsun RealEstate?
Last edited by Martin0 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. There is an Alexandros Psarakis listed in the phonebook in Heraklion. Maybe you can contact him direct - send me a PM if you'd like more info.

Martin0

Hi Carolina

Postby Martin0 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:35 am

Just thought I'd update you...

Nigel Strong from Medsun RealEstate had been in contact with Alekos Psarakis and had convinced him to return "our" money to the "lawyer" by the 16th of April...so with fingers crossed, we waited...and surprise, surprise, the money wasn't returned... and now we've been promised AGAIN that it will be with us this morning!

Martin :(

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 am

Any luck yet Martin?

Martin0

Postby Martin0 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:35 am

...no! but thanks for asking...
:(

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Problems with another builder here, it's a Mail on Sunday article published last week :-

http://www.expatsincrete.org/images/Mailonsunday.pdf

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:20 pm

According to the man's response he's now concentrating on Scandinavian buyers although he still wants British clients, too - are there any left who don't know about him?. Surely, the British have got wise to him.

I spoke recently with one of his unfortunate and disillusioned clients who said that as long ago as December this developer claimed that he'd had so many problems with housebuilding (blaming the builders, of course) that he'd decided to concentrate on larger projects like hotels. Hoteliers take care!

Filippos.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:34 am

Unfortunately Filippos I think the company is well known only to those of us who live in Crete, and those who visit often. Newcomers may not be aware of any problems until it is too late, and not every prospective buyer checks out a company beforehand. The Daily Mail article will have made it more widely known.

The company's website is up and running as normal - I just had a look and found this classic statement there ... is it aimed at the hardy Scandinavian buyers!?..

"Living in Crete will save you money: you will not have to buy a coat for winter!"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:50 pm

That might work for a man I met many years ago in the UK riding a bicycle in the January snow wearing shorts and T-shirt.

He was a soldier maintaining his recent Arctic training.

Filippos.

Return to “General Discussion & News”