ANIMALS COMING INTO ATHENS

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
kathyb

ANIMALS COMING INTO ATHENS

Postby kathyb » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 pm

We've been told there's no animal reception area at Athens airport (we're flying in our cats with BA) and we've been told there is an animal reception area at Athens - anyone know for sure??

Many thanks.

andheath

Postby andheath » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:48 pm

No animal reception but a resident taxidermist. Chances are they will be stuffed by the time you collect them, never mind, pet food is quite expensive for the good brands so you should save quite a bit long term.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi, managed to find a internet connection after moving to a wilderness. We hope to be on course for mid-March 2008, sold up and living on a farm with myriads of animals.

We are going to go through the pet passport proceedure in January and final worming etc 24/48 before departure. Is there any special proceedure in landing from a ferry from Bari, Italy, looks like two dogs and four cats unless the other half sees sense!

Our route was going to be using the Eurostar to Calais (£49 all in for the poor and needy apparently), hug the France/Belgian border, into Germany and south into Austria, Italy down to Trento where my sister lives and then down to Bari. Should be super fun as long as I wear ear plugs and don't mind the catawauling, barking and the GPS who regularly lapses into gibberish.

I'm a bit concerned at the time of year and weather! Still nothing ventured..........

Return to “General Discussion & News”