brian and andrew a place in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
scooby

Re: brian and andrew a place in greece

Postby scooby » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Who really cares about these two "reality stars"? not me.
Get Brexit done.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 pm

They are human beings and, as such, deserve our respect. They probably got dragged into the TV game unwittingly and had their private lives exposed. I've never spoken to either of them, other than "hello", so I'm entirely unbiased.

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:22 pm

SatCure wrote:They are human beings and, as such, deserve our respect. They probably got dragged into the TV game unwittingly and had their private lives exposed. I've never spoken to either of them, other than "hello", so I'm entirely unbiased.
I,m not saying they don't deserve respect as such, I just can't see what all the fuss is about, it's like having 200 "friends" on facebook or following someone on twitter, the world has gone mad I tell ya!
Get Brexit done.

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:28 pm

"They probably got dragged into the TV game unwittingly "

I doubt it, just enough notes dangled in front of there nose.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:32 pm

moggieman wrote:"They probably got dragged into the TV game unwittingly "

You are just guessing and being unfair again. None of us knows if they were paid a penny. If they were, it wasn't much. They had to go back to the UK virtually penniless and I read that Brian took a job in a supermarket just to earn a crust.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I prefer the animated version > Wallace and Gromit.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:04 am

SatCure wrote:
moggieman wrote:"They probably got dragged into the TV game unwittingly "

You are just guessing and being unfair again. None of us knows if they were paid a penny. If they were, it wasn't much. They had to go back to the UK virtually penniless and I read that Brian took a job in a supermarket just to earn a crust.

Wasn't Brian a "Customer Services manager" before appearing in the TV program? Wasn't their leaving Crete "virtually penniless" primarily cause by their own activities?

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11 am

Found this and it looks like they will be back. :D :D

Best Answer: If you want to know what happened to "the fellas" and why they left Crete, Brian did an update earlier in the year on his website

Here is what Brian wrote in response to fan mail inquries.

Q: There are rumours that you (Brian) and Andrew have split up. That is the reason for your having to leave Crete?

A: Let me tell you. There are many mischief makers in this world who thrive on bad news, or if there isn't any bad news, they create it. Andrew and I have never been closer and we live, at present, in a wonderful part of London.

There is no point in hiding from the fact that Andrew had to return to the UK to earn a living. Our Taverna, The Beach Hut, did very well but when the season ended there was no income and there was a substantial loan that needed servicing to the Bank.

We borrowed against the house, to prop up a local company. This was after really looking into the figures. We felt the problem was short term and agreed. The bank lent a 6 figure sum. Later we found there was an additional Black Hole which resulted in the owner of the company leaving the island one night, never to return.

We were left with an investment in a company that had debts and no income. He robbed the company and left many people, including ourselves, high and dry. We had no alternative but to sell the house, which we did, and return to the UK. We would love to return to Crete. Re-grouping is the order of the day and one day it will happen.

So, in answer to your question, both Andrew and Brian are alive and well, and living together in London, with Rupert the remaining lab and Georgie, the three legged cat.
Regards
Cruc

margarita

Postby margarita » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 am

SatCure wrote:There's a couple of photos of Brian & Andrew here:
http://cretan-cornucopia.blogspot.gr/20 ... itors.html

It's worth looking at this page on the blog for some old photographs of Georgioupolis

http://cretan-cornucopia.blogspot.gr/2016/04/how-did-it-all-begin-part1.html

Personally I think it looked better then than it does now.

There are more photographs and a video on this page

http://cretan-cornucopia.blogspot.gr/2016/05/continuing-my-first-day-in-georgioupolis.html

scooby

Postby scooby » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Oh no, so they have their own website and fan mail !! that's it I,m out :shock:
Get Brexit done.

blueskies

Postby blueskies » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Here is the link to Brian on the Graham Norton show in the RED chair. He was quite funny and got to walk. The programmes are available on You Tube ...made me cringe in places! Not sure if the link will work...

http://www.placeoncrete.com/

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:01 pm

I wouldn't waste my time.

Return to “General Discussion & News”