Places to visit

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Peter W

Re: Places to visit

Postby Peter W » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks Maude, I was not aware of Claude Pasquini's book. For a more recent account of long distance walking in Crete it's hard to beat 'The Cretan Way' by Luca Gianotti - makes you want to pull your boots on.

Peter

Maud

Postby Maud » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I bought our son ' The Cretan Way' for his birthday in June Peter. I haven't read it yet but I am looking forward to borrowing it. The Pasquini book is an interesting study of people he meets en route, rather than purely a walking guide. I am sure you will enjoy it. Any further recommendations of good reads you have done would be more than welcome!

Peter W

Postby Peter W » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:59 am

by Maud » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I bought our son ' The Cretan Way' for his birthday in June Peter. I haven't read it yet but I am looking forward to borrowing it. The Pasquini book is an interesting study of people he meets en route, rather than purely a walking guide. I am sure you will enjoy it. Any further recommendations of good reads you have done would be more than welcome!

Happy to share my reading list Maud, I am in the UK at the moment when I return to Crete at the end of the month I will scan my bookshelves for any Cretan literature I think you may enjoy. In the meantime you might want to start searching for 'The Making of the Cretan Landscape' by Oliver Rackham and Jennifer Moody, its out of print but used copies are available from Amazon.

Good reading,

Peter

fayew

Postby fayew » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 am

Knossos
Samaria Gorge
Elafonisi
Balos Beach

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 am

Undoubtedly nice places to visit, Fayew, but not in any way relevant to the original post, which was about the invasion of Crete in WWII and sites of interest related to that.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 am

Kilkis wrote:Undoubtedly nice places to visit, Fayew, but not in any way relevant to the original post, which was about the invasion of Crete in WWII and sites of interest related to that.

Warwick
Well said, cause we wouldn't want to go off topic in a thread now would we? :lol:
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Return to “General Discussion & News”