Property Tax 2017

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Property Tax 2017

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:34 am

A quote from an ekathimerini article today:

The same set of amendments also includes a clause stating that the first tranche of the Single Property Tax (ENFIA) for this year will be due by September 29 and the fifth and final installment by January 31, 2018.

Warwick

Kilkis

Re: Property Tax 2017

Postby Kilkis » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:52 am

Update on this. According to another ekathimerini article today:

The amount that people will have to pay for the ENFIA property ownership tax will be posted on the Internet at the end of August

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 am

According to this ekathimerini article the ENFIA bills for 2017 are now available online.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am

My accountant emailed mine to me yesterday :x
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Just got mine. Very fancy new statement format so somebody in the IT department at the tax authority has been busy. The amount was identical to last year.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Yes, ours is for the same amount also.

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Are others here getting these bills automatically in the post from 'the authorities' or from their accountants?

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

I get a mail from my lawyer informing me about the amount to be paid, and when, and then I authorize him to pay same on my behalf.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:18 pm

GlennB wrote:Are others here getting these bills automatically in the post from 'the authorities' or from their accountants?

No paper bills are sent out. You have to get the bill online by logging onto the Taxisnet web site. If you have the right information to log on, i.e. the tax authority issued password, you can do it yourself, although you need a pretty good level of Greek language skills to do so. Most people get their accountant to do it.

Many people, especially those not living in Crete permanently, also get their accountant to pay the bill for them and they transfer the right amount to the accountant's bank account. In that case the accountant will simply send them an email telling them how much to pay and when they must pay.

Some people, especially those who live here permanently, pay the bill directly themselves either in a bank branch or using online banking. I think you can also do it at an ATM but I am not certain. In those cases the accountant will typically download the online bill as a pdf document and send it to them as an email attachment. The pdf document will show the amounts to pay, the deadlines for payment and a code number to be used to make the payments. It also shows the calculation of the bill.

Warwick

PS Where I have used the word accountant above in some cases it might be their lawyer, e.g. see Mouche's post

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 am

Our accountant sends us an email about a month before the bills are posted on line to give us the heads up and also to give us an idea of what it might be, e.g. About the same as last year or an anticipated increase etc. Then, when the bills are available to view on line our accountant sends us a further email indicating how much is due and he provides a selection of ways to pay it, i.e. All in one go or in five monthly installments and with the option to send the money to him so that he can pay it on our behalf. In our case, we transfer funds to the accountant and he pays it for us.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:29 am

Yin&Yang wrote:...when the bills are available to view on line our accountant sends us a further email indicating how much is due and he provides a selection of ways to pay it, i.e. All in one go or in five monthly installments and with the option to send the money to him so that he can pay it on our behalf...

Yes, mine also does exactly that. If however you intend to pay it yourself, either in a bank or online, you need the payment code. In that case mine sends me the downloaded statement, as a pdf, which has the code on it. I suppose he could just send me the code in an email but then there might be a higher risk of a mistake. It's also possible that he does that for me because he remembered that I have asked for the statement in the past?

Warwick

jane clayton

Postby jane clayton » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 am

Please would someone remind me which payment category ENFIA comes under for the Piraeus Bank; thanks.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:35 am

Payments/Popular/Verified Tax Obligations.

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Anybody shed any light please,my partner and I have paid property tax since it started,one bill we assumed for the two of us,last year our accountant asked if we were married,no we replied,we did tell him 11 years ago, now we have two tax bills for the same house and each the same amount,so we have to pay twice ? also 3 years back property tax for my partner,i am sure there is a perfectly illogical reason but i would have thought if a property attracts a certain amount of tax then the tax would be shared
a pessimist is an optimist with experience

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 pm

No, I think you have been paying half the full amount, not paying twice. We have always had two bills -- one each for my wife and myself -- which together add up to the amount due on the property. I don't know whether being married makes any difference, maybe it depends on whether the house is in joint ownership? Sounds like your accountant has cocked things up for you.

Return to “General Discussion & News”