Citreon 2CV

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Yin&Yang

Citreon 2CV

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Does anyone know if these cars are available to purchase in Crete? Maybe I've watched A Year in Provence too many times but I don't half fancy one. An old refurbished ideally.
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Re: Citreon 2CV

Postby Kilkis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:03 pm

According to Car there is one for sale in Heraklion. Registered in April 1985 and they only want €6,800 for it so a bargain really. Another 33 for sale around Greece. Untick the "Κρήτη" box and click on the blue button to see them all.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks Warwick; we've begun window shopping :D

Peter W

Postby Peter W » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:05 pm

There is (or was the last time I drove past a couple of months ago) a 2CV parked outside a petrol station on the Spili-Agia Galini road, beyond the village of Akoumia and from memory, about 10k from Galini, the garage is on the right hand side as you drive towards Agia Galini. The car has been there for 2/3 years and doesn't look as if its moved in that time, I have never stopped for a close inspection but I guess it may be what is optimistically referred to as a restoration project. Not sure I'd trust those skinny tyres on winter roads, but a useful vehicle for transporting livestock apparently!

Good luck with the search.

Peter

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 pm

There is a red one for sale on the Garage on the way into Agios Nikolaos on the first Roundabout. Looks in very good condition. garage number is 2841024796. Dimitris, if you are interested. x

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 am

Thank you both! We shall take a look. There are also two at a garage in Souda which we know have been there for years. Perhaps they are only the chasis but again we will have to start looking and asking questions.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:58 am

2cvs were great in their day , but they are a bit basic compared to cars made today , ....with abs , airbags , power steering ,aircon,crumple zones ,sib protection ..The rag tops were the best, we had one in Spain one summer in the 70s ..that had a backup kick start!. Handy 'cos the battery was always flat . lift the bonnet, foot on the pedal and clunk away she goes ... good luck with your search ..jeff

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 am

Back in 1962 I was given a lift in France in a 2CV van. The noise level was probably above the current action level to prevent hearing loss in health and safety legislation. I think the only thing they had going for them was that they could be completely taken apart and reassembled with a handful of spanners. I seem to remember it was possible to get a new one delivered in a crate and assemble it yourself.

Now a Citroen Traction Avant, as seen in Maigret programmes, that was a wonderful car. I would certainly consider owning a restored one of those, especially the cabriolet but NOT at those prices.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Kilkis wrote:Back in 1962 I was given a lift in France in a 2CV van. The noise level was probably above the current action level to prevent hearing loss in health and safety legislation. I think the only thing they had going for them was that they could be completely taken apart and reassembled with a handful of spanners. I seem to remember it was possible to get a new one delivered in a crate and assemble it yourself.

Now a Citroen Traction Avant, as seen in Maigret programmes, that was a wonderful car. I would certainly consider owning a restored one of those, especially the cabriolet but NOT at those prices.

Warwick
Would have loved seeing you trying to get into one of them, like Clarkson getting into a GT40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAnlMNvK8Y
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 pm

They are very roomy I'll have you know. My father had one when I was young; the early model with flaps down the bonnet and an external spare wheel on the boot with a wheel shaped cover. Later models had a more bulbous boot with the spare inside and grills down each side of the bonnet. They had rearward opening front doors that are actually easier to get in and out than the current forward opening ones. My father was about my build and he had no problem at all despite having a gammy leg that wouldn't bend.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:16 pm

The red one in the garage on the way in to Agios is for sale at an asking price of 10.000 euros. I had a good look at it the other day when I was in there. I hesitate to use the word pristine, but no other description covers it really. Maybe immaculate would be more fitting. It is really beautiful. Apparently it is registered on normal plates, (as opposed to classic car), so you can drive it anytime, anywhere.

Not cheap though.

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 am

No not cheap but it seems that is the asking price for a good one. I even saw one for €2 so it is a matter of deciding whether we want a winter 'project' of refurbishing or to just go for a finished one.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:15 am

I'd buy one for €2.....

Good luck with the project if you go that route. (No sarcasm).

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:30 am

Yin&Yang wrote:...I even saw one for €2 so it is a matter of deciding whether we want a winter 'project' of refurbishing or to just go for a finished one.

I wouldn't bank on that price being correct. You do get quite a few pricing errors on car.gr.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 am

YoMo2 wrote:I'd buy one for €2.....
Andrew

Personally, I wouldn't have one if it was being given away :D

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”