Property Tax 2017

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Property Tax 2017

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:24 pm

As far as I am aware it doesn't matter whether you are married or not each partner gets their own bill if ownership of the house is divided between you. Do you have the latest bill? If so it should have a yellow band across the middle with lots of numbers in boxes. About half way across there is one with the label:

"ΠOΣOΣTO
    ΣYNIΔIO-
    KTHΣIAΣ
    %
    (13)"

What does it say in the box under this label? I own my house fully and mine shows "100,00000". If you and your partner own the house half each then each bill should have "50,00000" in that box which means it is 50 % of the total bill. If it is like this then you need to pay both bills. I am not sure what last year's bill looks like, because I only got the payment statement, but in 2015 it looked quite different to this year but there was still a band across the middle with all the numbers and around the centre of the band it also showed the percentage ownership. I assume last years bill looked either like 2015 or this year's.

Warwick

mythos master

Postby mythos master » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks for replies,yes we have 50,00000 in the box,so looks like we will pay,just a bit of a shock,if it had been like that from the beginning it wouldn't have been.oh well as "they" say,you can't take it with you - certainly not here !
a pessimist is an optimist with experience

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Mixos wrote:...I don't know whether being married makes any difference, maybe it depends on whether the house is in joint ownership?...

I don't think there is any thing such as "joint ownership" in Greece, Mixos. Each party owns a percentage of the property, which is more like "tenants in common" in the UK. I think they show 5 decimal places because a property might be owned between a significant number of people so fractions of a percent are common.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”