IKA Renewal Heads Up

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Yin&Yang

IKA Renewal Heads Up

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 am

Hi all

We went to the IKA office this morning to renew our books and were asked to sign the form below. It is a form affirming that one has not been working in Greece since one’s insurance started through a country of the EU (Google translation).

The boxes to be filled in on the form above the declaration relate to Surname, First Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Passport Number, Telephone Number, Address, Fax Number, Email Address.

We were advised that each UK holder of an IKA book will have to attend the IKA office in person and sign the form at the desk. I went on my own to update mine and Andrew’s books and they told me that Andrew had to attend the office, so we had a bit of to-ing and fro-ing. You will be asked for your passport and your resident’s permit. IKA will take the opportunity to update your records, i.e. new passport details, new telephone numbers, new address, if and as applicable.

Below is a copy of the form which you can print out or you can pick up these forms both from KEP offices or IKA.

The IKA office have asked us to advise those we know that this form is required.

One other thing which we discovered a couple of weeks ago on this Forum and which was also mentioned at the IKA office this morning, is that our cream coloured resident’s permits are ‘temporary’ permits and after holding one for five years, we are eligible to upgrade these (at a Police station) to a blue ‘permanent’ permit. Now that we have our IKA books renewed, our next stop is a Police station. We have been advised via this Forum that the current requirements for upgrading to a ‘permanent’ permit are:

Tax Number
Proof of medical insurance OR an IKA book (plus one photocopy of the inside of the book)
Current residency permit
Passport (plus two copies)
4 photos (although we have also been told only 3 were needed)
Electricity Bill
Proof of residence, i.e. tenancy agreement

All this is just information acquired and may be subject to change but we thought that you would appreciate having what we know.

Kind regards and Happy New Year

Lynn & Andrew

IKA Declaration.jpg
IKA Declaration.jpg (104.47 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Re: IKA Renewal Heads Up

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:...We were advised that each UK holder of an IKA book will have to attend the IKA office in person and sign the form at the desk...

This is a standard form used to make legal declarations in a variety of circumstances. For example I had to sign one when my late wife and I got our first residence permits to confirm that we were still married and another when I changed to a Greek driving licence to confirm that I had not applied for a licence anywhere else in Greece. They always have to be signed in front of the person responsible so that is why each person has to attend. It might be worth asking at KEP if they can still do it because KEP are authorised to carry out certain procedures and then they can witness the signature.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Happy New Year and thank you for the info update Lynn and Andrew.

This Ypevthini Dilosi / legal declaration form (blank) can be dowloaded to print from this page http://www.livingincrete.net/resources.html (link at the bottom of the page)

P.S. The Greek police website says 3 photos required for EU residence certificates, so who knows!
http://www.astynomia.gr/index.php?optio ... =646&lang=

SueA

Postby SueA » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Can anyone advise the procedure when one has IKA health cover through the S1 form, but has worked for a few hours a week last season (for the first time ever in Greece), paying the appropriate IKA contributions? Any additional paperwork that is required, declaration from accountant etc?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Carolina wrote:...This Ypevthini Dilosi / legal declaration form (blank) can be dowloaded to print from this page http://www.livingincrete.net/resources.html (link at the bottom of the page)...

Is that a new version of the form, Carol? The version I have has fax number and email address as the bottom line of the table as does the version Ying & Yang posted.

Warwick

PS I have never found two police officers to agree on the number of photos required.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:37 pm

You're correct Wawick, it is the older one. I will update the link.

The latest (blank) version is directly downloadable here http://ypeythini-dilosi.eu/media/ypeythini-dilosi.pdf

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 pm

SueA wrote:Can anyone advise the procedure when one has IKA health cover through the S1 form, but has worked for a few hours a week last season (for the first time ever in Greece), paying the appropriate IKA contributions? Any additional paperwork that is required, declaration from accountant etc?

IKA have a computerised system now so your IKA days worked/paid in Greece should show up in their system (i,e, you shouldn't need a declaration from an accountant). You need at least 50 days 'stamps'in order to get your healthbook in your own right as a worker. If you have less days you should probably just stay on the S1 cover.

Are you currently covered on the S1 as a dependant or in your own right?

SueA

Postby SueA » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 pm

I am currently covered on the S1 in my own right.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:08 am

Probably obvious, but the first field on the form posted by Yin & Yang has been filled in with the details of the IKA office in Chania. Residents of other parts of the island should fill in the name of their own local office.

Andrew

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:52 am

Good point and I hadn't noticed.
Someday is now : )

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 am

Yin&Yang wrote:Good point and I hadn't noticed.

Thanks for the 'heads up'. Will gird up our loins to go to IKA and join the queue!

Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am

SueA wrote:I am currently covered on the S1 in my own right.

If a dependant becomes insured in their own right they are issued a new IKA book. Not sure if in your case they would need to issue you with a new health book or not, so you may or may not need photographs, passport, residence cetificate, tax number.

SueA

Postby SueA » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks Carolina. I'll just take everything just in case!

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:Hi all

The boxes to be filled in on the form above the declaration relate to Surname, First Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Passport Number, Telephone Number, Address, Fax Number, Email Address.

Just a quick comment: I think that the correct order for the first couple of boxes is First Name ('Ονομα) then Surname (Επώνυμο). Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Wifey checked this morning, you can renew through the KEP office, however IKA are now insisting, that if your res permit was issued 5 or more years ago, you cannot renew without getting a blue permanent one.

Return to “General Discussion & News”