Mobdro

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Danny

Mobdro

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Does anyone know somebody who can install mobdro on a smart Samsung TV for them, a friend of mine who's' not the best with pc's has tried but says he struggling to do it. He's willing to pay for the service

peebee

Re: Mobdro

Postby peebee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Sent you PM

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:33 pm

In my experience what you can get onto a Smart TV is pretty limited. While they typically use the Android operating system it is not open as it is on a tablet or smart phone. Also what you can install seems to vary depending where the set was bought, i.e. a Samsung smart TV bought in the UK will have far more apps installed than exactly the same model bought in Greece. I would guess that the easy way to do it would be to buy a streaming device like a set top box or stick and install Modpro on that.

Warwick

Charliesangel

Postby Charliesangel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 am

hi all, Mobdro is rubbish... ive had it since last june. if you got reasonable speed its ok, at first, then all the adverts for games and apps keep popping up very frequently interupting your programme. i think you can pay to upgrade, removing the ads

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 am

You cannot load Mobdro onto a Samsung TV, there are only a handful of Android compatible TV's out there at the moment, LG and, I think, Sony that you can side load additional apps onto. The easiest way to do this is to buy an Android streaming box and this effectively makes any TV a "smart TV", you can load whatever app you want to onto these devices. Mobdro is no longer the best option IMO for streaming TV.
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am

Charliesangel wrote:...then all the adverts for games and apps keep popping up very frequently interupting your programme....

You can't really expect somebody to provide you with a service but not to have to pay for that service, either with money or by suffering adverts.

STEVE.W wrote:...Mobdro is no longer the best option IMO for streaming TV.

It might be worth saying what you think the best option is, Steve?

Warwick

nigeljackson5

Postby nigeljackson5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am

Steve W is right to some extent

You would be better off using an Android box, but make sure you get one that has at least 2GB Rom and 16GB Ram

I currently use a Tanix 2 box with the above, purchased from "Gearbest", which do not charge for postage. "Amazon" sell them as well. You can buy them at prices between 20-70 Euros. Personally I would not buy one that costs too much, because technology is advancing so rapidly that the box soon becomes out of date. I think we are now up to 7.1 +, whereas mine is only around 6 months old, yet is a 6.1 and was only approx 25 Euros.

Check out Google for reviews, on android boxes

As to Mobdro, it plays absolutely fine on mine, but there is also a build called "terrarium", which has received good reviews. Google again

Also there is a site on f/b "Kodi uk.tv general support & community group", that you can join. If you have a problem, ask them and someone will always help. I recently spent over 2 hrs with someone on there, that walked a novice like me, through a procedure.

Good luck

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks to everyone's who's replied, I've passed it all on so they now have to make a choice

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”