STIHL CHAINSAWS

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Kamisiana

STIHL CHAINSAWS

Postby Kamisiana » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Does anyone know if there are any STIHL chainsaw dealers in the Xania area thanks.

Kilkis

Re: STIHL CHAINSAWS

Postby Kilkis » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Sketakis is the main dealer for Stihl in Chania and sells Stihl chainsaws. There are no other main dealers in Chania listed by Stihl but it is likely that some other shops will have them.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Thank you Warwick I tried always to find Stihl dealer, it sometimes seems as if they dont want to be found thanks again.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:44 pm

There are several shops along Kidonias selling 'agricultural' power tools. I haven't needed such tools since selling our property but I remember see Stihl in at least two of the shops. If you're in Kidonias with the bus station on your left there'a a tool shop a few metres after the junction and another, almost opposite, on the other side of Kidonias. As you walk down Kidonias in the same direction as traffic flow there's at least one on each side of the street.

To be fair, I haven't walked along Kidonias recently so there's a possibility that one or more of them has closed or moved.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Picked up Stihl chainsaw from Sketakis just down the road from Apollo parking on a back street fantastic service biggest tool shop and ironmongers in Xania, I have had Stihl chainsaws since I could walk but was a bit dubious about buying an electric chainsaw but it works fantastic 18" bar 2.3KW (equilvalent to 3HP) just plug and play only down side i am old school and love the smell of two stroke thanks again Warwick for recommendation and Fillippos.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Perhaps a silly question (I know not much about chain saws) but why not buy a petrol model? Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia and you don't need to rely on access to electricity supply.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:03 am

I have a cheap electric chainsaw which I prefer to the petrol one I tried. When I release the trigger it stops dead instantly while the petrol one ran on slightly. It was perhaps less than a second but that could make the difference between whether it is still turning when it hits you if you drop it or not.

Foteinakis has two shops close together on Agnostou Gogoni and I would guess the bigger one is bigger than Sketakis, They do have some items the same and some that are different so it is worth trying there if Sketakis doesn't have what you want.

Warwick

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 am

we heat our house with olive prunings , so a chain saw is a vital bit of kit..I have a top handle kabuto with a 10 inch bar very light and easy to use ... however I'm very tempted by the new Stihl battery powered saws, they get good reviews. Anyone got one ,or tried one ?...

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 am

Filippos I agree that petrol is better in a lot of situations and i have always had a petrol chainsaw but unless you use it on a very regular basis they need a lot of attention even more these days with all petrol bio additives that kill the internal rubber components of a chainsaw engine
My new electric saw with 50m of cable goes to every part of my property I find nothing more frustrating than needing the saw for a ten minute job only to find it will not start and then spend 2 hours to get it going for the 10 minute job.

Jeffstclair I also had a quick look into battery chainsaw but did not like the reviews I saw haveing worked with power tools all my life the only battery tool i have found to be any good is a cordless drill and then only one with a good amp hour lithium ion battery I think there is to much power draw to run a chainsaw unless your just pruning the odd rosebush and if and when you need to replace the battery it can be costly my my drill batterys last time I looked were over 100 pounds each Bosch 36volt 4Ah professional I have gone through countless battery drills over the years and not one has gone wrong but the batterys have died and it is nearly always just as cheap to buy new drill
I also have only bought the best power tools money can buy and do a lot or research before buying.

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Kamisiana wrote:........unless you use it on a very regular basis they need a lot of attention even more these days with all petrol bio additives that kill the internal rubber components of a chainsaw engine..............
Thanks for the explanation. I've learned something.

alansmithnl

Postby alansmithnl » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 pm

I, like others on this forum, have found that the battery power tools, themselves, very rarely fail. Batteries, on the other hand, (depending on where you get them!) fail on an irregular basis. I had a DeWalt battery drill, but the first of the two batteries died after about 6 years. It really was in daily use. I had to buy 2 batteries at nearly €50 each, but it really was worth it. Having said that, I bought a Bosch drill with 2 batteries for €95 brand new. Now, I'm going to do a Warwick here, before he corrects me on a/h of the batteries etc etc. I do use my battery drills/screwdrivers every day, so I buy the best. Chainsaws, I imagine use an enormous amount of battery power, so I would definitely go for a 2 stroke model. Yes, they do take a bit of maintenance, but well worth it. I don't know why everyone chooses or prefers Stihl, they're expensive and fail just leek the other brands. (Just a thought)
Alan

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”