How to Watch UK TV Abroad

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Kilkis

How to Watch UK TV Abroad

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 am

I thought some people might find this Expert Review article useful.

Warwick

BST

Re: How to Watch UK TV Abroad

Postby BST » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Sadly for some people, Filmon is not free anymore :(

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:16 pm

BST wrote:Sadly for some people, Filmon is not free anymore :(
Have you tried clicking on the link that Kilkis has provided, you will find it free.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:54 pm

We have had a MAGBOX 254 for over a year now and subscribe via (www.tellyconnect.co.uk) very good service via a couple of English guys based in Spain all legal for 16.00 UK pounds per 30 days (ie 53p a day) works very well just the odd glitch no need for a fantastic fast broadband hundreds of channels and more sport than you can watch plus 14 days catch up TV no need for a VPN as it is all legal, have allways found you get what you pay for most of the time.

BST

Postby BST » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Scooby, the article is dated Feb 2016 before Filming started charging. Not that I'm bothered as we get it perfectly via other means! :D

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Sorry about that. I didn't check the date on the article. I get emails from Expert Reviews and it was flagged up on the latest one that I received so I assumed it was a new article. I wouldn't have posted the link if I had realised that it was that old. I didn't read it in detail since, like Kamisiana, I subscribe to a paid for service through a MAG box.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm

BST wrote:Scooby, the article is dated Feb 2016 before Filming started charging. Not that I'm bothered as we get it perfectly via other means! :D
Maybe I wasn't clear, the link takes you to filmdotcom with an extension so instead of the 2 minutes you could watch this is live full episodes and free. Other people may be interested.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 pm

The link to WatchBritishTV in the Expert Review article more or less works but some channels were acting up when I tried it, e.g. BBC1 had sound but no picture. As BST says FilmOn only works now if you pay. I have no idea what film dot com with some extensions means Scooby? Can you post a link?

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Kilkis wrote:The link to WatchBritishTV in the Expert Review article more or less works but some channels were acting up when I tried it, e.g. BBC1 had sound but no picture. As BST says FilmOn only works now if you pay. I have no idea what film dot com with some extensions means Scooby? Can you post a link?

Warwick
ok put it this way, when you click on the link in the article do you have to pay on filmon ? I don,t.

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Don,t know what happened there! I watched a full episode of doctors this afternoon on the film on link but now gone back to trial period and must pay.. Weird.

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 am

I use https://robssatellitetv.com/ which I subscribed to in order to watch 6-nations rugby and quizzes like Eggheads, Mastermind, University challenge etc (oh what joy when I get just one answer right!!). The modest cost is much less than the British TV license.

Why do expats want to watch British TV with no cost? If they were in UK they would not try to avoid the TV license fee and here we all pay for the Greek TV on the leccy bill. The programmes we choose to watch all cost money to make - OK, some just look as if they didn't and some appear to be blatant advertising.

We don't have free cinemas or theatres or tavernas so why should we expect free TV? There is a motto about something free but I can't remember it.

A man I know has spent vast sums on equipment to receive TV and radio from all over the world free - but then, he likes to watch professional soccer.

Incidentally, I saw a Sky advert that said you can record 7 TV programmes at the same time. I wish there were 7 TV programmes that I could watch in a whole day! Perhaps I am being a snob because I never watch soaps - but lets not go there!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 am

johnincrete wrote:...oh what joy when I get just one answer right!!...

Especially when the geniuses get it wrong?

johnincrete wrote:...There is a motto about something free but I can't remember it...

Possibly: "Tha don't get owt for nowt" or "There's no such thing as a free lunch"?

Warwick

toastie

Postby toastie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:21 am

I watch british tv from http://www.viewtvabroadinabox.com/ which costs €29.74 a month.
all the sky movies and sports and entertainment stuff. also a video club with 1000s of films and a music club with 1000s of music. also you can download programs to a usb stick. they post the box anywhere in the world and there is no contract, just a month at a time. if you dont want it for a month, no problem, you just reinstate it when you do.
They also have a dedicated sports package as well for a bit more which has more or less every single sport channel going.
Recommended

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 am

Apparently some new (EU) rules will come into effect as of April 1 (no, not April fool!) enabling us to openly stream signals from "back home". I have this article in Norwegian only thus not much good (?), but anyway;

https://www.dinside.no/data/fra-1-april ... 1514278316

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm

It would seem that for streamed media it isn't that easy it would seem as doesn't seem to apply to streaming services .

http://www.dw.com/en/eu-parliament-bans ... a-42475135

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”