phone is dead

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Kilkis

Re: phone is dead

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am

Have you checked the full model number. I think the single SIM version is E6653 while the double SIM version is E6633. I would guess the number should be on the box somewhere. e-shop don't quote it in their adverts.

Warwick

toastie

Postby toastie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:57 am

Yea the phones about page shows E6653 but their advert says dual sim which is not what the phone is, therefore a misleading advert.

paul g

Postby paul g » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 am

Samsung do a J7 dual sim, got mine on scrooge (skroutz.gr)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am

Shops do make mistakes. I ordered some outside light fittings from Kafkas a couple of weeks ago. I showed them the one I want on a display board and the assistant took the part code off the ticket next to the correct one. Unfortunately the ticket was wrong so the fittings I received were a completely different design. Irritating but not really a "nightmare".

I couldn't find any mention of E6633 or E6653 on any of the e-shop pages? If you particularly want that model and e-shop can't supply it, you can get it on Scrooge from as little as €250 including shipping and they are specifying E6633. You could also telephone and check it is really that model before buying. I think the Z5 is about 3 years old now so I suspect shops like Public, Kotsovolos, Germanos/Cosmote or Vodafone no longer supply it.

Warwick

toastie

Postby toastie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

It doesn't matter what code the phone is to me, the fact remains that the product was advertised as a dual sim, not a single sim which is what I wanted

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

And will simply repeating that solve your problem? The code does matter because the code tells you whether it is dual SIM or not.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:54 pm

I agree with toastie, the product was not as advertised so therefore it should warrant a refund. Whether or not that ever happens . . . . .
If it was paid for by credit card then it is easily rectified, CC company is responsible.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

I believe Toastie is entitled to a replacement of the correct type or, if that is not possible, a refund. Based on my experience of e-shop there are two possibilities:

1 e-shop have a dual SIM version but they sent the single SIM version in error, in which case they will replace it with the dual SIM version.
    2 They don't have a dual SIM version in which case they will refund him the price.

Nobody is suggesting that it isn't e-shop's fault or that they are not responsible for correcting their error. I have never know e-shop to refuse to correct an error. My gut feeling is that it might be a bit more confused than that. If you search mobiles on e-shop and filter for only Sony models it displays 3 model Z5s, black, green and white. They are all described in words as dual SIM. If you add a filter for dual SIM only it only displays two model Z5s, black and green. It is possible, but not certain, that the black and green models are really dual SIM and the white one isn't. In that case, if it was the white one that he ordered, they might be able to offer him a an alternative colour. It's also possible that they are all single SIM.

I raised the full model number as a general information issue. All smart phones and tablets come in a variety of generic model numbers, like Sony Experia Z5. Within that generic model number there are often a number of variants such as single/dual SIM, 16/32/64 GB storage, 2/3/4/6/8 GB memory. You can only tell which variant you are getting by looking at the full model number. Toastie says his was E6653 but he doesn't say where he got that information from. As far as I can see it isn't on any of e-shops web pages describing the different models. He may have got it from the box when it arrived, in which case it was too late. It might, however, been on the email that e-shop send to confirm the order. In that case he could have contacted them immediately and stopped the order before it was delivered.

Warwick

toastie

Postby toastie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks guys
However I didn't want to cause an argument between members.
To be honest what I have is satisfactory and I probably won't need a dual sum phone for my Greek and UK phone. Just thought it be nice for the odd chance I return to the UK.

Just nice to have a working phone with more power and storage than previously.

Thanks again too all for the advice given.

Cheers

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”