ENFIA Property Tax online now

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Carolina
Site Admin

ENFIA Property Tax online now

Postby Carolina » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:43 pm

ENFIA property tax notifications for property owners in Greece are now available online at www.gsis.gr . If your accountant has not sent you the tax demand, which this year is payable in 5 instalments starting at the end of September, you can use your log in details to print your tax demand (if you have not got a username and password, your accountant does).

https://apokoronasnews.gr/how-to-find-y ... -print-it/

YoMo2

Re: ENFIA Property Tax online now

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:16 am

Although I don't think you will get far if you cannot read Greek. It appears only the landing page has an English version.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 am

It is possible to put the URL into Google Translate and it will automatically translate pages for you. I don't know if it will help but perhaps worth a try? I have used it a few times and it isn't perfect. For example you sometimes get text on a web page that is really an image and it cannot translate that. Also where there are controls, such as buttons with labels, the labels are often offset from the control in the translated version. I have had some success having two tabs open, one with the original Greek version and one with the translated version. I use the translated version to understand better what it wants you to do and the untranslated version to actually carry out the actions. I've not tried to navigate the ENFIA pages yet but the instructions Carol linked do show the Greek pages so it ought to be possible to simply recognise what you need to do without actually understanding the Greek.

Alternatively I believe the Chrome Browser will translate pages for you. I don't use Chrome so I don't know how successful it is.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 am

Kilkis wrote:.......... it ought to be possible to simply recognise what you need to do without actually understanding the Greek.

You clearly haven't tried.... :D

On another front, anyone found any reference to how they are calculating the discounted tax? My discount is 20%, my other half's is 27%. Not obvious on what basis these are calculated.

Andrew

EDIT: Found this in a publication from middle of August, and it seems to tally, so I think it must be right.

For real estate value up to 60,000 euros: 30% reduction.
For real estate up to 70,000 euros: 27% reduction.
For real estate up to 80,000 euros: 25% reduction.
For real estate value up to EUR 1,000,000: 20% reduction.
For real estate value over EUR 1,000,000: 10% reduction.

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am

For real estate value up to 60,000 euros, a 30% reduction

* For real estate value up to 70,000 euros, a 27% reduction

* For real estate up to 80,000 euros, a 25% reduction

* For real estate value up to EUR 1,000,000, a 20% reduction and

* For real estate value over EUR 1,000,000, a 10% reduction.

https://www.kathimerini.gr/1038351/arti ... -toy-enfia

paul g

Postby paul g » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:36 am

Are these figures subjective values?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:46 am

I believe they are "objective" values, i.e. the value that appears on your ENFIA statement.

The government has been trying for some time to bring objective values into line with market values but has found it to be quite difficult. Although market values are now supposed to be used on transfer of ownership contracts, in many areas of Greece there have been so few transactions that it is difficult to determine what the market value is. Obviously it is known for those properties that have changed ownership but they are no necessarily representative of the whole market. The fewer the number of transactions the harder it is to extrapolate from those values to all properties. Some rather arbitrary adjustments have been made to the objective values in the past but I don't believe they are representative of market values.

Warwick

paul g

Postby paul g » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 pm

sorry, I meant objective, I thought it didn't look right.

paul g

Postby paul g » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:21 pm

When we get our ENFIA bill and see the discount (if any) it might give us a clue of our objective value.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Accountants tend to send you a fairly simple bill with the amount you need to pay, the code you use to pay it through internet banking and a number of dates if you wish to pay by instalments. Once you receive that, email back to your accountant and ask him to send you the full ENFIA statement as a pdf. That shows much more information including the objective value. Tell him there's no rush for it as he is probably quite busy sorting out all his other clients.

Warwick

PS If it looks the same as an previous years there is a yellow row across the centre of the statement. The objective value is the far right column on that row headed ΑΞΙΑ ΑΚΙΝΗΤΟΥ.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:51 pm

If you have a house on a plot, or more than one property, there will be more than one line down the page. As Warwick said, for each line the objective value is the far right hand column, headed ΑΞΙΑ ΑΚΙΝΗΤΟΥ.

Your discount is shown at the top right of the form, where there will be a TOTAL objective value for all the lines shown below. It is this that the discount is worked out on.

So, at the top, ΚΥΡΙΟΣ ΦΟΡΟΣ is the tax before discount. ΑΞΙΑ ΑΚΙΝΗΤΗΣ ΠΕΡΙΟΥΣΙΑΣ is the sum of all the objective values, and ΕΚΠΤΟΣΗ is the discount. From these three figures you can work out what % discount has been applied, and whether that is correct based on your total objective value.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks for adding that, Andrew. My description is based on a single property with a single owner. Clearly in the case of the aristocracy with vast estates it is more complicated.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Kilkis wrote:Obviously it is known for those properties that have changed ownership but they are no necessarily representative of the whole market.

Which may, or may not, be the true figure? Most likely not?

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:03 am

Kilkis wrote:Thanks for adding that, Andrew. My description is based on a single property with a single owner. Clearly in the case of the aristocracy with vast estates it is more complicated.Warwick

Naughty. :D

But if you have a single house, but on a plot, they are shown separately, so you will see multiple lines without being part of the landed gentry. And I think the discount information was new too.

Not that it's a competition. :wink:

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:51 am

Odd. Aren't all houses on a plot? Mine shows the calculation for the house and the plot on a single line. I did see a painting once of a castle floating in the air but even that was on a piece of land also floating.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”