UK Food in Supermarkets

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
chrissyg

Re: UK Food in Supermarkets

Postby chrissyg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks Yin, do you mean the shop on the corner next to the bakery? And i have looked in Ynka in Kalyves and actually asked in there and they said No!

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

For humous i mean.

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:24 pm

No,the British Food Shop don't sell Andrex, but the nearest equivalent I have found is Lidl's 4 ply.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Chrissyg, no Farmer is next to Apicorno cafe - there is a small road separating them which takes you to the seafront. They have fruit and veg outside at the front and you can also enter from the rear via the seafront. I last bought hummus in Inka in August. I only noticed they had it a few months ago so perhaps they only briefly stocked it.
Someday is now : )

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Ah, i asked in May when there last so maybe they now stock it. I will have a look at that farmers place if i can find it. Thanks.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Also, in my experience, Greek supermarkets are not brilliant at stock control. Wait until something sells out, when you have a bit of spare time order some more and when it arrives put it on the shelf if you have the time. Preferably wait until the busiest time of day on the busiest day in the week and then fill the aisles with restocking trolleys, pallets etc. I once went shopping in the Synka on the corner of the Kissamos road and the road down to Agios Apostoli beach. There was not a single shopping trolley outside the store. They were all scattered around the store full of goods for restocking the shelves. The aisles were full of them but there were only a couple of people doing the restocking

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 am

chrissyg wrote:Thanks Yin, do you mean the shop on the corner next to the bakery? And i have looked in Ynka in Kalyves and actually asked in there and they said No!

If you mean OPPOSITE what used to be `the old bakery', then yes. On the corner by the entrance to the car park on the front.

Return to “General Discussion & News”