ENFIA 2020

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

ENFIA 2020

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm

According to ekathimerini the amounts owed for 2020 ENFIA should be available by 15 September with payment/first instalment being due by the end of September. For most people the amount should be the same as last year since they are keeping the same percentage discount, which depends on the value of the property. Payment can be made in up to 6 instalments with the last oen due on 26 February 2021.

Warwick

Sputnik

Re: ENFIA 2020

Postby Sputnik » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 am

Can I pay this through my Eurobank account?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Yes. In my case my accountant sends me a statement showing the amount to be paid and a bank payment code. It is simply a matter of finding the right payment page within Eurobank, entering the amount, the payment code and the date you want it paid and clicking submit. If you want to pay in instalments you can set up all the payments so that they are paid on the date due. I always use the day before.

I cannot tell you how to find the right payment page on Eurobank, since I don't use them, but on Alpha it is described as Assessed Tax Dues(Income tax ENFIA etc). It can be found under the heading "Popular" or under "Greek Public Sector".

Warwick

IzzyWhizz

Postby IzzyWhizz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:52 am

For general information, this was posted on Kriti24 this morning:

"During the coming week, ENFIA bills will be posted on Taxisnet and 7.3 million taxpayers will be informed of the property tax they have to pay.

ENFIA will be paid this year in six monthly instalments, with the first paid by 30 September and the last by
26 February. Charges will be involved in the billing of ENFIA for those who have newly-declared square meterage in their existing properties, as the tax they will be asked to pay this year will be calculated on the basis of the new larger area of the building as declared in E9. It is noted that more than 8 million undeclared square meters have been declared to date by the owners, while it is estimated that the "hidden" square metres currently exceed 30 million square metres.

ENFIA bills will also act this year as a compensatory mechanism. In particular, they will incorporate tax reductions of up to 30% for those who have lost rental income due to the compulsory or optional "haircut" of rents. For these owners, 30%-40% of the "lost" rents, depending on whether the "haircut" is mandatory or optional, will initially be offset against the income tax instalments and, if the tax has already been paid, then it is offset against ENFIA in order to reduce the tax burden on property owners.

50% DISCOUNT of ENFIA will be granted to property owners if the total taxable family income does not exceed 9.000 euros, plus 1.000 euros for the spouse and each dependent member, the total area of the buildings does not exceed 150 sq.m. and the total value of the real estate does not exceed 85.000 euros for the unmarried , EUR 150 000 for a married person with a dependent child and EUR 200 000 for a married person with two dependent children.

FULL EXEMPTION from ENFIA will be granted to families who are three- or long-term or include disabled persons by 80% or more if the total annual net family income does not exceed EUR 12 000, plus EUR 1 000 for the spouse and each dependent member and the total area of the buildings does not exceed 150 m2. In general, property owners will see in this year's bills the same tax reductions as those in force in 2019 which, depending on the value of the real estate, are:

30% for the value of real estate up to 60.000 euros
27% for real estate value up to 70,000 euros
25% for real estate value up to 80,000 euros
20% for real estate value up to 1,000,000 euros
10% for real estate value over 1,000,000 euros."

Izzy Whizz

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am

According to "Keep Talking Greece," ENFIA bills will not now be posted until 20th September, because the government has decided to exempt 26 smaller Greek islands from paying any property tax this year, so the rates are having to be recalculated -- upwards, presumably, to compensate for the loss? However,the deadline for the first payment is still the end of this month. At the moment.

Sputnik

Postby Sputnik » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Sputnik wrote:Can I pay this through my Eurobank account?

Thank you Warwick.

solitude1

Postby solitude1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:59 pm

I think ENFIA bills will arrive on Friday 25th September.

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:10 pm

solitude1 wrote:I think ENFIA bills will arrive on Friday 25th September.

Yes. Tried my accountant on Monday, only to be told to come back next Monday. (28th).

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:36 am

solitude1 wrote:I think ENFIA bills will arrive on Friday 25th September.

According to an ekathimerini article today you are absolutely correct, solitude1, or to be pedantic they will be available on the TaxisNET system on Friday. I would guess the system will be totally overloaded and crash many times on Friday, which is probably why your accountant told you to check back on Monday, Tim. According to the article, people who pay in full by the end of October, or pay both the first and the second tranche by the end of October, will not be penalised so there is no panic to pay by the end of September. After that it is payments as normal.

They are still saying that, if you have done nothing to your house, for most people the amount will be the same as last year apart for some small islands where people will pay nothing. I think some people thought that the revenue lost by exempting some small islands would be passed on to the rest of us as an increase in our bills. It sounds like that is not the case.

Warwick

Sputnik

Postby Sputnik » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 pm

I cannot find ENFIA in my Eurobank account , except for a payment section to the IRS, could this be the one perhaps?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:06 pm

The description that each bank uses tends to be different. On Alpha Bank it is described as "Assessed Tax Dues (Income Tax, ENFIA etc)" and comes under "Greek Public Sector". I'm afraid I don't know where it is on Eurobank but it ought to be something similar.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:34 am

I got an email from my accountant this morning saying that the government will be loading the ENFIA statements onto the TaxisNET system beginning on Friday. They should all be on by Monday so don't expect them all to be available on Friday. He also confirmed that the deadline for payment is now the end of October. If you pay by instalments you will need to make both the first and second payment by the end of October, i.e. they have only slipped the first payment back not the whole sequence.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:38 am

I just checked on the TaxisNET system and my ENFIA bill for 2020 was already loaded. I could only find the basic statement, not the one with the full calculation, but it does show the amount, the instalments and the payment code so you can pay it using online banking. It is probably this statement that your accountant will download and forward to you in the next week or so. Depending on your bank you might need to take the spaces out of the payment code, which is grouped into three sets of digits. I didn't try to use it but there is also a button on the statement that I think allows you to pay it on the TaxisNET system using a Debit/Credit card.

Mine was €11.80 less than last year. No idea why?

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:17 am

We are to pay exactly the same amount(449,76) as last year.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:26 am

That's exactly what I expected to happen, Mouche. I have absolutely no idea why mine was €11.80 less than last year unless they have made a mistake. Obviously I'm not complaining. It would be interesting to know if anybody else gets a lower bill.

Warwick

PS My bill was €279.32 so I don't know if they altered the rate for lower objective value properties?

Return to “General Discussion & News”