Electric Bills

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Cruc

Electric Bills

Postby Cruc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Does anyone know how I can translate the electric bill into English as I am confused on how the discount works. Also what I am actually paying for. We pay all our bills within 7 days of receiving them but on some bills I received a discount and on others no discount. The bills also seems to be quite high considering we don't live here full time. So it would be nice to have the bill translated so I can see exactly what I am paying for.
Regards
Cruc

Kilkis

Re: Electric Bills

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:05 pm

This gives an explanation of the bill. Click on the green "i" symbol next to any item and you get a pop-up explanation. I am not sure it explains about the discount.

You only receive the discount on every alternate bill, i.e. the one marked "ΕΝΑΝΤΙ" near the top left front, but it is a discount for a full four month period. On the back of this bill, top right, there is no calculation of the electricity consumed but there should be a single item labelled ¨Έκπτωση 15 %" followed by an amount, e.g. -13.92 on my last bill. Now look at the previous bill marked "ΕΚΚΑΘΑΡΙΣΤΙΚΟΣ" near the top left front. On the back of this bill, top right, there is a calculation of the cost of electricity consumed for the previous 4 month period, e.g. 92.79 on my last one. Calculating 15 % of 92.78 gives 13.917, i.e. the amount refunded on the next bill. Thus you receive the discount every 4 months and the discount is for a preceding 4 month period. Obviously you only get it on the ENANTI if you paid the previous bills on time.

Warwick

PS I pay my bill using online banking on the day before it is due because it is not processed until after 17:00 on that day. If you paid it on the deadline day it would be after close of work at DEI so it might not be recorded as being on time. I don't know this for a fact but I prefer to be cautious.

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Kilkis wrote:PS I pay my bill using online banking on the day before it is due because it is not processed until after 17:00 on that day.
I don't trust my memory so the day I receive the bill I go to my online banking and set up the payment to be made two working days before the deadline. That way I don't have to remember anything. I do the same with Cosmote and any other bills where online banking offers the facility.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 pm

filippos wrote:...I don't trust my memory so the day I receive the bill I go to my online banking and set up the payment to be made...

Yep. I do exactly the same. I pay DEI, COSMOTE, DEYA, income tax and ENFIA this way. I could do car circulation tax as well but I prefer to pay that in the bank so I have a bank stamped receipt for the payment. I don't completely trust the theory that the police can find the information online so I like to have some proof of payment in the car.

Many people like to use direct debits but I prefer to be in control. For information, according to my accountant you cannot set up a direct debit to pay ENFIA.

Warwick

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:02 am

Thank you much for the information Warwick.
Regards

Cruc

Return to “General Discussion & News”