Easyjet Chania

Flights Crete/ UK. UK/Crete. Other destinations from Crete or Athens, plus late availability & deals
peebee

Easyjet Chania

Postby peebee » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 am

Just got an e-mail from Easyjet saying that flights for February and March are now available.
Shame when you click the `book now' link, that they don't list past November on the website :-)

Kilkis

Re: Easyjet Chania

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 am

That's because easyJet doesn't fly from Chania in the winter. If you put Athens as the Greek airport then you will find flights listed up to March. I suspect you received a generic email simply alerting you to the fact that they had released more of their winter schedule.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 am

Well, when I follow the link, the booking table comes up with Chania set as the departure airport.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 am

Peebee, I can only comment on what I believe the situation to be, which is as follows:

1 easyJet do not fly to/from Chania in the winter.
    2 easyJet have never flown to/from Chania in the winter.
    3 Given that their business model relies on very high occupancy it is highly improbable that easyJet will ever fly to/from Chania in the winter.
    4 Their timetable confirms that there are no flights to/from Chania in the winter.

I have no knowledge of why easyJet sent you a misleading email. You would have to ask easy Jet to resolve that questions. You will find easyJet flights beyond November 2018 on their timetable when they release their early summer timetable, probably around September/October. They will probably start in April.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:40 pm

And I can only comment on the E-mail that I recieved from Easyjet.
E-MAIL SUBJECT . . . `Patrick, book now for February & March 2019 flights from Chania'

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm

So, one way or another easyJet have published an error. I'd suggest contacting easyJet rather than rely on guesswork by people who have no inside knowledge of the workings of the airline. Having run a travel website I know from experience it's easy to make an occasional mistake with links. Only eJ will know for sure whether or not they will have winter flights from Chania. My guess would be no.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm

My guess would be that it is an example of "click bait". They have created an autmated email script that sends an email to everyone on their database advertising that flights are released for February and March. In order to. make the email more relevant the script also pulls the last non-UK destination that person has booked to/from regardless of whether there are flights to that detination. How many times have you searched for an item on Google, got results along the lines, "Get that item cheapest from Amazon/ebay/whatever only to discover they don't sell tha item. Frustrating but common.

Warwick

PS I. Received exactly the same email but I didn't bother following the link because it was obviou what they were doing.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Kilkis wrote:My guess would be that it is an example of "click bait". They have created an autmated email script that sends an email to everyone on their database advertising that flights are released for February and March. In order to. make the email more relevant the script also pulls the last non-UK destination that person has booked to/from regardless of whether there are flights to that detination. How many times have you searched for an item on Google, got results along the lines, "Get that item cheapest from Amazon/ebay/whatever only to discover they don't sell tha item. Frustrating but common.
Either those things have never happened to me or I've never been aware of them (which would be a tad worrying). If there's something I want to buy I habitually go directly to sites I know are likely to sell what I want rather than Google for the item first and I think I might have bought from e-bay twice or thrice (I've certainly done so once). That having been said, I don't buy a wide range of different items so most of my on-line purchasing is from sites I've used before and know they are trustworthy and fair prices.

So far as airline/travel company e-mails are concerned I've either unsubscribed or delete them unread unless planning a trip in the near future. The same applies to some of the newsletters I get from photographers or investment sources.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:19 am

I received exactly the same email, but with Heraklion, my usual departure airport, substituted for Chania. Pretty obvious clickbait since eJ have never flown from Heraklion in the winter. Just the usual money making machine in action.

Andrew

Return to “Flights Crete General & Late Deals”