satellite dish

Got networking / internet / computer/ TV/ Telephone problems in Crete? Ask here.
Cruc

satellite dish

Postby Cruc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 pm

We are currently using Virus for our internet connection. We have now found that due to other properties around us using Virus speeds are much slower.

When I contacted Virus I was told increase my Mbps to 8 and this will cure the problem. Well I am paying for 4 Mbps and at present am getting 0.66 Mbps

A while ago I saw someone had posted the name of a satellite Company that could install a dish. I have searched the forum but can't find it. Can anyone provide details of any companies that we can contact for costs. We are in kokkino Chorio.
Regards
Cruc

Jeffstclair

Re: satellite dish

Postby Jeffstclair » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Try googling Tooway ... there was a company in Crete who installed a dish and modem . I got our kit from the UK from a company called Bentley Walker some times they have special deals of free kit. It is very easy to DIY.. with basic tools, drill, spanner screwdriver....if you can wire a plug and put up a shelf it's a doddle ....and the zeroing in of the dish is simple , with an on line help page that tells you when you are getting the best signal....

BST

Postby BST » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm

I think you are thinking of Hi Tek. They have a very good reputation I believe. We also have Tooway from Bentley Walker, which we can't fault.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Yes thanks for that Hi Tek was indeed the name ...

paul g

Postby paul g » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:03 am

got a tooway system for sale if someone wants it.

Return to “ Computers, TV, Telephone and Internet”