Junker

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Kamisiana

Junker

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 am

Has anyone seen the footage of the unelected president of the European Union at the NATO gala dinner,if not Google Junker at NATO gala dinner Daily mail footage, if he is not as pi--ed as a fart he can not even stand and that clown is the corner stone of the EU farce I rest my case.

Kilkis

Re: Junker

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

To be be accurate he is not President of the EU he is President of the Commission. There is currently no president of the EU, although the concept is under consideration. Also it is wrong to describe him as "unelected". He was elected by 26 of the 28 heads of state of the EU member countries. Only David Cameron and Viktor Orban voted against him. That election was then approved by the European Parliament in a vote of MEPs in which he won 422 of the 729 members. Only 250 votes were cast against him. I don't know many posts where you have to win two separate and independent elections in order to be elected. All 729 MEPs and most of the heads of state are elected by the citizens of their own countries and are supposed to be representing the opinions of their constituents. If they didn't do that then blame them not Juncker. The President of the Commission is equivalent to the Head of the Civil Service. I am not sure if there is any country in the world where civil servants, even at the very top, are elected by direct public vote.

I couldn't help thinking that as he greeted the various people who he kissed on the cheek he was probably saying, "Eh. Eh. Eh. You, you, you're, you're origight you are" in a slurred voice.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am

Thank you Warwick for your for your accurate sum up of Junker,
I only see black and white like the average pleb and I see that man as the face of the EU and in my eyes that sums up the EU he is the president of the commission, when asked about what was wrong they closed ranks and said he had a bad back,
maybe the bad back comes from leaning back swigging from the brandy bottle.
I would like to see the headlines if it had been Trump, what would the childish protesters in the UK make of that, banging their sauecpans all night last night to keep Trump awake and encouraged by the mayor of London maybe it is the sign of the snowflake generation that are taking over the country.

paul g

Postby paul g » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 am

I did see that, he likes kissing a bit too.

I'll have a glass of what he's having.

Phild

Postby Phild » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Let me first say that I am no fan of Juncker or the neoliberal leanings of the EU.

Having said that, I have had many episodes of back pain, once leading to sciatica. If you haven't had it, you don't know how debilitating it can be. I spent the whole of my sister's wedding on my back, on the grass outside the church. Then I had to be taken home. Was I drunk? I wish I had been.

Also - and this is a separate issue - hands up if you haven't occasionally had too much to drink even at an official function. I'm betting that there aren't too many hands in the air right now... :D
----
Phil
----

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Mr. J has either suffered from his bad back for years or has been otherwise incapacitated. There have been many reports over the years of his liking for alcohol. Having never been close to the man I'm not in a position to judge but I don't remember his instability on previous occasions being blamed on backache, however severe.
For much of last year I also suffered with quite intense back (and leg) pain, originally diagnosed as sciatica. Various treatments were tried over a 3-4 weeks period and failed. After X-rays and scans revealed a spinal problem for which physiotherapy was recommended. It took three months, sometimes twice weekly, to fix the problem and, thankfully, I've been pain free since Christmas. If you're continuing to suffer you have my sympathy.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm

I think my worst case of "severe back pain" was after an evening spent in local hostelries after finishing my first year university exams. I vaguely remember being helped onto the last bus home by two old ladies who seemed to be suffering from a similar affliction. I used to have a picture, which unfortunately I have lost. showing me standing at an angle of about 45 degrees being propped up by two organisers of the conference I was attending. That evening had consisted of a reception hosted by the Lord Provost Edinburgh where the main drink being served was wine glasses full of Whiskey followed by a session in the bar drinking Carlsberg Specials. Not a good combination. I can't say I like Juncker but I can empathise with his predicament.

Warwick

john4d

Postby john4d » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm

You're quite right Warwick, saying that Junker is 'head of the civil Service' it's just unfortunate that he doesn't know that. He masquerades as head of the EU, greeting foreign Heads of State. He even manages to go to the G8 (or now G7) meetings, taking part in their Photo Calls and 'handing' them. Europe's power economies are individually represented, the UK, Germany and France, so what is Junker doing there? Can you imagine the head of the UK Civil Service taking such a prominent role?

I expect you've seen the youtube clip of Junker being public chastised by the 'Chairman?' of the European Parliament after he criticised Parliament for not performing to his expectations.
There's no such thing as a bad taste joke

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Sciatica/bad back pain would likely prohibit the *kissing* movements - he reminded me of Boris Yeltsin. (Irony) Well done Pres Macron for holding him up, and Mrs Merkel for kissing him (phew - what a sad indictment of the world). Never mind, probably Pres Trump might eclipse the Junk person.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 am

Looking back at the video you can see by Trumps face what he thinks of president Junker, being teetotal himself also looking at Junkers backpain symptoms its uncanny how many expats show the same symptoms :twisted: :wink:

scooby

Postby scooby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 pm

idiot and a bufoon, never liked him to be honest.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Return to “Chatter”