UK TV,LIVE & CATCHUP

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
evansmr1

UK TV,LIVE & CATCHUP

Postby evansmr1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 pm

For 9 years I have been a client of S4U or as they are now called Unlockmytelly.
Over the past two weeks I have become very unsettled with the Service. Their Support used to be very good, now it is indifferent with their Technical staff appearing not willing to assist with my reported problem, Unable to view live ITV and Channel4. They close the Support Tickets without actually offering any solution.
I am therefor looking for a recommendation for an alternative service. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am not looking for a free site.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Kamisiana

Re: UK TV,LIVE & CATCHUP

Postby Kamisiana » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Savvytech IPTV provider 25euro a month 100s of channels 2 weeks catchup plus live tv perfect picture I have tried loads of providers this is the best not even a one glitch or a buffer in 3 months.

nuska

Postby nuska » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 am

I can recommend Savvy, using the basic package at 20 euros is sufficient

BrizoH71

Postby BrizoH71 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 am

The only downside to Savvy is they don't support android boxes, so you'll need a MAG box to use their service.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 am

I use Expat Vision on a MAG box but I think they also work on Android and other devices. Unfortunately their web site is a pile of doggie doos, i.e. none of the links on it actually do anything and have been like that for months, but the IPTV Helpdesk at bottom right works as a typing chat service so you could ask them what is really available. It's not perfect but I intend to continue with their service.

Since the MAG box operates on a form of Linux it is a pity that the various IP TV services that use MAG boxes won't run on a Linux based PC.

Warwick

Orson Wellies

Postby Orson Wellies » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi, first post here.

I have been using TVMucho dot com for a year now. It's €48 per year, so less than a euro per week. It's been pretty solid, apart from a couple of times they were working on their server, a few days with glitches, but, apart from that it's been good. They have most freeview channels and 1 week of catchup is available, works on computer browsers, android boxes and tablets. You can register for free and get 1 hour per day to try the service out, or just keep viewing for up to 1 hour per day for as long as you like.

I've been using various VPNs for years, but, the UK tv providers are becoming wise to VPN usage and more and more are being blocked.

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks for the tip Orson , I am moving over in early October been looking at the TV options for when we arrive . That MuchoTV looks good had a play about attaching to TV in UK comes through nicely off my chromebook so that will do nicely . Could do with VPN as well to watch Netflix UK version . Anyone have any recommendations on the best VPN to use ?

LittleJohn

Postby LittleJohn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:15 pm

I've been using My Private Network for over 5 years now. Good support and never any problems streaming, use both Amazon Fire stick and PC to watch tv and films. They have a monthly subscription which you can cancel anytime. I presently pay £2.48 a month which was part of a half price promotion. Worth a look. https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Out of curiosity has anybody tried using a VPN on a tablet? I have a feeling that some of the apps, like BBC iPlayer make use of the GPS built into the tablet for geo-location so using a VPN to spoof a UK IP address won't work. I also have a feeling that if you disable the GPS facility the app won't work. Anybody know which ones do work and which ones don't?

Warwick

starfish

Postby starfish » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 am

Hi Warwick
I have been using a VPN on my tablet for a few months now and it works well. I watch the ITV hub with no problems.

Irene

Philb

Postby Philb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:04 am

Kilkis wrote:Out of curiosity has anybody tried using a VPN on a tablet? I have a feeling that some of the apps, like BBC iPlayer make use of the GPS built into the tablet for geo-location so using a VPN to spoof a UK IP address won't work. I also have a feeling that if you disable the GPS facility the app won't work. Anybody know which ones do work and which ones don't?

Warwick

Yes Warwick. I can get iPlayer, All4 etc on my Amazon Fire tablet (basically a customised Android tablet). Not had any problems with VPN, I use Nord VPN btw.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks for the replies. The web site https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/ linked by LittleJohn contains lots of useful information even if you don't use their service. For example a smart TV bought in Greece won't typically let you install UK specific apps like BBC iPlayer. The my-private-network site explains how to change the region on the TV, e.g. to UK, and then how to install a smart DNS service directly on the smart TV. The TV should then behave as if it is located in the UK for internet based services. I don't normally use this term but that really is quite cool.

Warwick

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”