Art materials in Chania

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
harrybell

Art materials in Chania

Postby harrybell » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm spending two months (September/October) in a rented apartment in Chania and plan on drawing and painting while I'm there. It would be helpful if I could count on buying some of my art materials there rather than carrying them in my luggage on the plane.

My searching so far has uncovered a shop called Kyvos on Papandreou Andrea and one called Plano on Apokoronou, but they have no website and I can't tell what I might be able to buy there.

I'm interested in anything from drawing paper and watercolour paper to acrylic paint, brushes and PVA glue.

Any information you can provide would be most useful.

filippos

Re: Art materials in Chania

Postby filippos » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:30 am

Kyvos does have a web site https://www.e-kybos.gr/ which is all in Greek but put the url into Google translate and choose English as the target language you get a pretty good translation although the layout gets slightly distorted. In the red bar across the top hover the mouse pointer over individual words and you get quite long lists of their stocks in different categories. It's a big shop, primarily a stationer and bookshop but they do list art materials, sketch pads, paints of different sorts, pastels etc. and a variety of papers.
There are contact details at the top of the page so you'll be able to e-mail them a list of the things you want and ask for confirmation of availability.
I've bought stationery items and paper* from them and the staff are helpful and knowledgeable so worth a shout. If they don't stock particular items I think they'll be willing to tell you where you can find them. I haven't walked that part of Papandreou recently but I think there is (maybe was) a similar, smaller, shop almost directly opposite that sells art supplies.

*The papers I bought were coloured that I use for photography backgrounds and they had several shades of several colours in sizes up to A1 and possibly larger.

harrybell

Re: Art materials in Chania

Postby harrybell » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:33 pm

Thanks fillipos, that's very helpful!

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”