Removal Van - UK to Crete

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
patterson

Removal Van - UK to Crete

Postby patterson » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi - can anyone suggest a removal company from the UK around November? I have tried the White Van Man and they seem to have closed?

It is only a few things: a couple of sofas and other bits. We want these pieces shipped rather than buy in Crete if we can.

Thanks!

Kilkis

Re: Removal Van - UK to Crete

Postby Kilkis » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Try Nomad. Possibly their Crete Express service if the amount doesn't warrant a full removal service. Although it is pitched at parcels they do bring large items as well.

Warwick

BrizoH71

Postby BrizoH71 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:20 pm

If you use Facebook, search for Sklav Smart. They are based in Wales I think, but they cover the whole of the UK and can transport to anywhere in Greece.

I haven't used them personally, but a friend has and had no issues. I might use them though to get a couple of bits over from our house in the UK at some in the new year.

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:46 am

I would NOT suggest Nomad. Their service from Crete to UK is exceptional, with a caring family. However from UK to Crete, is diabolical. Rude belligerent removal man, damaged belongings before they even left the house in UK. Did not provide packing material, as paid for. Did not provide cover for mattress, as paid for. Splinters all over 7 mos old mattress from the row of slats on lorry where secured directly on to it. PM me if you want photos!

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 am

That's really sad to hear Kookla. I used Nomad to move out six years ago, they packed us up and their service was brilliant. I have continued to use them ever since, including two years ago, asking them to pack and deliver to us a cut glass decanter set which we'd just inherited. It sounds like you had a truly awful experience :o
Someday is now : )

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:01 am

Also worth trying Paul at Greek Island Removals, T/A PMS logistics.
Based in Stockport, pleasant and prompt service based on my own experience.

Kathleen

stevemartin911

Postby stevemartin911 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

Good afternoon Patterson, I can thoroughly recommend a guy from the rethemnon area who is a well known musician on the island but at the end of the season makes a trip to the UK. He is arriving with our stuff 6th / 7th of November so the timing is good for you.
His contact details are as follows
Mobile 6979813118 email ..david1hartley@eircom.net
I have been in contact with him this am and he would like to hear from you.
For general interest he is also a dog lover and can possibly offer pet transport, he likes company in the cab !

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Paul from PMS Logistics moved us out 10 years ago top bloke will go out of his way to help he is (was?) a one man band so it is in his interest to be good.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:31 pm

stevemartin911 wrote:...I can thoroughly recommend a guy from the rethemnon area ...david1hartley@eircom.net...
I've know David for several years and second Steve's recommendation wholeheartedly. Honest, reliable and will take good care of you things, I doubt you'll find anyone offering a better rate.

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”