New House Purchase

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ladyt25

Re: New House Purchase

Postby Ladyt25 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Ladyt25 wrote:...I don't really get how Airbnb works if you are not in the country to do it...

Exactly the same as it works for any type of letting when you are not in the country. You need somewhere that they can collect/return the keys and someone to clean and sort things out between lets. I've seen it work with a neighbour you can trust or with a management company.

Warwick

I guess I always just thought Airbnb as being more something people did where they could manage it themselves. I suppose things have changed. Still not sure I'd go down that route. My sister has a place in Amsterdam she let's on Airbnb Long and short term but she lives above the rental. There are new restrictions there now specifically for Airbnb and I think others will follow suit.

I feel more self catering let's though will be beneficial to the area I've bought in as so many bars have shut down over the last 10 years due to the rise in all inclusive hotels. That is what the bar and restaurant owners are upset about. The majority of people who stay in self catering do not eat in every night!

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am

The last time I looked at ArB&B there was an additional item for Kilkis‘ list. Someone tocollect the cash from arriving guests. I think they were working on a better arrangement for absentee owwners. I have no idea if they found one.

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:24 am

Eleni13

Airbnb system does not allow you to collect cash accommodation has to be paid for through there site so they can collect their % before they pay you. Usually after the guest arrives, "never" before.

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am

Sorry, wrong agency. Booking.com is the one I was thinking of.

Return to “General Discussion & News”