DEH Electricity Company

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
moved 2 crete

DEH Electricity Company

Postby moved 2 crete » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 am

DEH Electricity, does anyone know if the company still do discounts for prompt payments on electricity bills please.
Dave H

THASSIAN

Re: DEH Electricity Company

Postby THASSIAN » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Yes they do, 15% still.

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:03 pm

many thanks THASSIAN :D .
Dave H

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm

For anyone who DOES NOT have a direct debit payment with DEH you will now find a new/different code on your bill if you are doing internet banking.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Any idea when the change occurred, Scooby? I use internet banking to pay my DEH bill, not Direct Debit, and my last payment was due on 28/11/2018. That still had the same payment code that I have been using for many years. I think my next bill is due for issue around 7 January and due for payment later that month.

Warwick

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Kilkis wrote:Any idea when the change occurred, Scooby? I use internet banking to pay my DEH bill, not Direct Debit, and my last payment was due on 28/11/2018. That still had the same payment code that I have been using for many years. I think my next bill is due for issue around 7 January and due for payment later that month.

Warwick
Should be on your next one so be careful, if like me you just re create the last bill and change the amount.

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm

My online banking messages had the info:

We would like to inform you that starting 26/11/2018, DEH (DEH payment) Payment Codes and DEH Direct Debit Codes will change from 12 to 25 digits.

Changing the Direct Debit Codes for your existing Direct Debits to the new coding standard will be made progressively by DEH, so there is no need for action on your part or the Bank.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:44 pm

scooby wrote:...Should be on your next one so be careful, if like me you just re create the last bill and change the amount.

Thanks Scooby. I can't simply recreate my last payment but my bank does save my regular payments so I can go directly to them without searching through the payment panel. In the case of DEH it does fill in the payment code automatically so I will have to change it and re-save it. I would guess it would not be possible to make a mistake because presumably the old 12 digit code would not be accepted.

Completely reasonable for DEH to do this. A 12 digit code with each digit ranging from 0 to 9 only allows 1 trillion variations, i.e. over 100 times the population of the Earth. Obviously completely inadequate for a population of 10 million. Increasing it to 25 digits gives 10 trillion trillion so they are covered in the event of an up-tick in birthrate.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Our latest bill, paid this morning (06/12 with final payment date 07/12), still has the 12 digit code. I'll watch for a number change on the next bill.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Kilkis wrote:... Increasing it to 25 digits gives 10 trillion trillion so they are covered in the event of an up-tick in birthrate.

They might need that many codes with the recent and current birthrates in this neck of the woods.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Kilkis wrote:
scooby wrote:...Should be on your next one so be careful, if like me you just re create the last bill and change the amount.

Thanks Scooby. I can't simply recreate my last payment but my bank does save my regular payments so I can go directly to them without searching through the payment panel. In the case of DEH it does fill in the payment code automatically so I will have to change it and re-save it. I would guess it would not be possible to make a mistake because presumably the old 12 digit code would not be accepted.

Completely reasonable for DEH to do this. A 12 digit code with each digit ranging from 0 to 9 only allows 1 trillion variations, i.e. over 100 times the population of the Earth. Obviously completely inadequate for a population of 10 million. Increasing it to 25 digits gives 10 trillion trillion so they are covered in the event of an up-tick in birthrate.

Warwick

Ooh, you can be so sarky at times Warwick! Don't forget, this is Greece, so how else are you going to cater for your father's name, your mother's name, your favourite taverna, your favourite tipple? Big Brother is Always Watching You! Come on, old chap, get a grip!! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”