Orthopaedic aids

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
Joan

Orthopaedic aids

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:16 am

Does anyone know of a store in western Crete which sells orthopaedic aids suitable for someone who has recently had a hip replacement? Things like raised loo seats, grabbers etc.

Joan

Kilkis

Re: Orthopaedic aids

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 am

There are two shops directly opposite the entrance to the general hospital at Mournies that sells all sorts of orthopaedic aids. I couldn't say whether they have exactly what you want but it would be worth a try. Also a list of others in Chania here.

If you have a good relationship with a local pharmacy they might be able to source what you need without having to traipse round looking. Mine is always happy to try and get anything I need if they haven't got it or to use their more extensive search facilities to find where I can get it if they can't.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:51 am

Joan wrote:Does anyone know of a store in western Crete which sells orthopaedic aids suitable for someone who has recently had a hip replacement? Things like raised loo seats, grabbers etc.

Joan

Joan we have a raised loo seat as new still boxed free to a good home if you want it west of Xania.

BST

Postby BST » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Bought everything I needed from the big shop before you turn into the hospital. Very helpful lady told me things I'd need even though they weren't on my list. And I did need them! Measured me for socks to get the right fit.

Joan

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the reassuring suggestions.

We don't travel for another few days - I may be in touch about the loo seat nearer to the time.

Joan

Joan

Postby Joan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:24 pm

I've not been able to access the forum for a few days, but just to say thank you for the advice. We landed at Chania courtesy of Easyjet at 13:45, shopped at Synka in Souda, and then turned onto the Ethniki towards Mournies. By this time it was mid-afternoon. Quite soon after exiting for the hospital we found a new orthopaedic supplies shop just setting up - it was open and the assistant was very helpful. We went on to the two near to the hospital - one was closed so can't comment, the other was open and also very helpful.

Thanks again - this visit is going to be a lot easier as a result.

Joan

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”