Kalo Paska

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Carolina
Site Admin

Kalo Paska

Postby Carolina » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Kali Anastasi and Kalo Paska to everyone.

Watch out for those firecrackers if you're going to midnight church services tonight!

Yin&Yang

Re: Kalo Paska

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Episis Caroline :D
Someday is now : )

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 am

Firecrackers, Carol? We were avoiding thunderflashes and the occasional falling 9mm shell.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:46 am

Oh for the days of the 2d Cannon. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. My heart did warm to a father a couple of years ago who I saw handing his two kids, one who looked about 4 and the other about 6, a handful of bangers and a cigarette lighter. The 4 year old didn't seem very keen but the 6 year old took great delight in lighting a banger, waiting until it started to fizz and then throwing it at people, cars and motorbikes. Brought back happy memories of my own misspent youth.

I tend to agree with Filippos. The firecrackers aren't really a problem but people firing off hunting rifles, AK-47s and Glocks do make me a bit nervous. I am also not too keen on the idea of throwing fully charged Calor gas canisters into the bonfire. I think they are true examples of "health and safety gone mad" but not its usual meaning.

I hope everybody enjoys their spit roasted lamb/goat and kokoretsi. Don't get in the way of the little old lady in black who is determined to get the head. Those elbows can cause nasty bruising. If you are vegetarian I would recommend staying at home today.

Καλό Πάσχα και Καλές Γιορτές.

Warwick

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:55 pm

Yeah it's all go here ...the dogs are hiding under the desk in the back room .. I'm sat reading ....and then pump action shot guns get busy down the road ...Kalo Paska ....

Maud

Postby Maud » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:42 am

We had a couple of gunshots yesterday, but as we have a VIP here at the moment, the police are up and down the lane monitoring things. I guess they are worried about an assassination attempt! At least it made for a quiet time on the ‘explosions’ front.

Xronia polla.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 pm

Jeffstclair wrote:Yeah it's all go here ...the dogs are hiding under the desk in the back room ..
They're obviously not Labradors. I had a couple in the UK and Bonfire Night was hell. At the first bang they were at the door scrabbling to escape to go retrieving. At any other time the only time I had a problem was a car backfiring and they'd almost have my shoulder out as they tried to set off to find the fallen bird.

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:29 pm

We had a couple of gunshots yesterday, but as we have a VIP here at the moment, the police are up and down the lane monitoring things. I guess they are worried about an assassination attempt! At least it made for a quiet time on the ‘explosions’ front.

Do you live in Rodakino?

Return to “General Discussion & News”