Car purchase

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
Spondall

Car purchase

Postby Spondall » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:37 am

When you buy/sell a car in Crete, how do you transfer ownership as a private seller, ie what paperwork is needed, where to go etc? We bought our car from a dealer who did all the transfer, and now is the time for a newer one.
I have an AFM, and resident card, Rethymno area.

Steve

peebee

Re: Car purchase

Postby peebee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Never done one privately, but you could ask at the KEP office.
Alternatively, Sophia in 1000+1 in Kalyves can do it for you, for a fee.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:43 am

Spondall wrote:When you buy/sell a car in Crete, how do you transfer ownership as a private seller, ie what paperwork is needed, where to go etc? We bought our car from a dealer who did all the transfer, and now is the time for a newer one.
I have an AFM, and resident card, Rethymno area.

Steve

Check with your KEP office, they do it all for you.

You need log book, ID, and a paper from the tax office saying you owe nothing to the tax man. This is NOT the annual tax clearance document.

I think that's all you need, but I may have forgotten something. Obviously there is a transfer fee to have the log book replaced. You pay this at a bank using the payment slip that KEP give you. Buyer normally pays.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 pm

I have both sold a car and bought a car privately and KEP did everything for me, apart from paying the fee at the bank, including sorting a very difficult ownership issue with the one I was selling. Well above and beyond the call of duty. When I bought my motorbike I went to the Driving Centre with the owner and did it there but he did all the talking. I just handed over whatever they asked for.

Warwick

PS Don't forget to tell your accountant you have bought it. They will need to declare it to the tax office.

Spondall

Postby Spondall » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks all, KEP it is when I find a decent replacement.

Steve

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”