Sale Birmingham to Chania Flights 8/10

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
Frank in Crete

Sale Birmingham to Chania Flights 8/10

Postby Frank in Crete » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 am

Due to ill Health I have two return tickets with Ryan Air For Sale

Tuesday 8th October Birmingham to Chania 15.30 - 21.25

Saturday 19th october Chania to Birmingham 21.05 - 23.15

I understand there is a £160 per person per flight name change charge.

I paid £240 for both tickets return and I would just like to get my money back.

thebigbluecheese

Re: Sale Birmingham to Chania Flights 8/10

Postby thebigbluecheese » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:50 am

Ryan air will refund if you cannot travel due to ill health . I got a full refund for myself and my wife last year , for tickets I had bought four months previously.. Took about 15 minutes once I had emailed a copy of a doctors letter ..

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Travelinsurance?

Frank in Crete

Postby Frank in Crete » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 pm

thebigbluecheese wrote:Ryan air will refund if you cannot travel due to ill health . I got a full refund for myself and my wife last year , for tickets I had bought four months previously.. Took about 15 minutes once I had emailed a copy of a doctors letter ..

These tickets were for a relative coming out to visit us and they did not have travel insurance so is this still the case ?

Note : they were going to get travel insurance nearer to the time that they departed.

Frank in Crete

Postby Frank in Crete » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm

thebigbluecheese wrote:Ryan air will refund if you cannot travel due to ill health . I got a full refund for myself and my wife last year , for tickets I had bought four months previously.. Took about 15 minutes once I had emailed a copy of a doctors letter ..

These tickets were for a relative coming out to visit us and they did not have travel insurance so is this still the case ?

Note : they were going to get travel insurance nearer to the time that they departed.

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Frank in Crete wrote:

When I buy tickets using my creditcard a travelinsurance is included.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Frank in Crete wrote:...These tickets were for a relative coming out to visit us and they did not have travel insurance so is this still the case ?

Getting a refund from Ryanair because of ill health and getting an insurance policy to pay are completely different issues.

Ryanair might make a refund at their discretion depending on the circumstances. Quote from this page about three quarters of the way down, my emphasis in red:

In the event of death or serious illness making it impossible for a customer to travel, the reservations of the affected customer and anyone travelling on the same booking reference may, at our discretion, be refunded.

If it is appropriate we can also offer to change flight dates and we will waive any restriction or fee once suitable documentary evidence is sent to us before of the date of travel.

Whether an insurance policy will pay depends on the nature of the illness and the terms and conditions of the policy.

Not all credit cards offer travel insurance if you use them to book travel.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Frank in Crete wrote:Whether an insurance policy will pay depends on the nature of the illness and the terms and conditions of the policy.

Not all credit cards offer travel insurance if you use them to book travel.
Warwick

Terms might ofcourse be different depending on insurancecompany in question, issuer of creditcard etc but with a travelinsurance I would think a visit to the doctor and his confirmation in writing that you are not fit to travel will mean that the insurancecompany will pay up, at least they do in my country. As far as credit card offering travel insurance, or not, I only use credit cards that includes travelinsurance and they actually do not even cost anything/no annual charge.
Last edited by mouche on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:28 pm

I think a lot of cards in the UK only provide free travel insurance if you are signed up to a premium service, for which you pay extra. I use MBNA and I am pretty sure it doesn't. Also some cards refer to free travel insurance but it only covers death/dismemberment not medical treatment. People should read the small print.

Typically a lot of travel insurance, including that issued by credit cards, excludes pre-existing conditions. They will still insure you but it will exclude those existing conditions. As an example some forms of Multiple Sclerosis are relapsing-remitting. These are characterized by unpredictable relapses followed by periods of months to years of relative quiet (remission) with no new signs of disease activity. If someone in a remission phase booked a trip and then suffered a relapse just before the trip was due, in most cases they would not be covered by their travel insurance. If, however, they had a heart attack with no previous indications of heart problems then they would be covered. I just use that as an example.

Warwick

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”